Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone who doesnt have a Thyroid?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 148 Total Views

Hi ladies, new here.   Did anyone else have their Thyroid taken out?  I had mine out over two years ago and my life has been hell every since.  They just cant get my levels right at the same time.  I am constantly anxious etc.  almost ruined my marriage because I jumped from anxiety to depression to rage.   I finally am feeling better and found a Naturalistic doctor here in CO that has the highest praises so I have high hopes.  Saw him once and he detoxed my body.  Next time we go deeper into things.  Anyways, just decided to eat a fully Organic diet which I understand is the number ONE thing to do because of hormones.  One thing I have learned ladies from trial and error and tons of research os NO SOY!!!!!  Glad to be here, always great to be around others that can relate. ;)

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
geminitwiins
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Hello there, my name is Yvonne and I had mine taken out in Aug of 2012. I have been on Levo and Cytomel due to me trying to get ready for my RI treatment. I do know that once I had a full 6 weeks on the Levo I felt like me again, I went into hyperthyriodism and OH MAN, I am very greatful that my SO loves me. I would have offed me if I talked to myself like that. Once my treatment is over I am looking forward to finally getting straight and feeling like me again. I agree, NO SOY, I also read an article about how herbal teas can effect your levels or at least stop your meds from doing what they need to do. So now I only have maybe 1 cup a day and just drink water and coffee.

mama0306
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I wish you luck in your journey sweety! It seems like a long and rough road. But we will get there. If you want to chat with someone who has been there, message me! ;). Take care Hun!
melinda27819
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Yes, I had mine taken out May 2008, went thru hell, the day after surgery I went into hypocalcemic shock, spent a week in hospital. Went thru months of gaining weight, sick, fibromalgia set in, could barely move. Then I discovered a Holistic Dr, they tested me, put me on Armour Thyriod, and within 3 days I felt the most normal since I started on this journey. The following April, I went into shock again, only this time they discovered that the original Dr who removed thyriod also removed parathyroid, so I also had hypoparathyroid disease. I have to takes Vitamin D and calcium throughout the day because my body doesn't maintain them itself causing my problems. Once that was figured out I feel back to normal, started eating more natural and lost most the weight I had gained.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)