Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group...

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 137 Total Views
Hello all! I am excited to be in this group and have a group of women that can truly relate and understand the issues related to thyroid problems. I am currently a 32 year old SAHM of three beautiful children and the wife to an amazing man. I was diagnosed w follicular variant papillary carcinoma two months after my 22nd bday. I had two surgeries to completely remove my thyroid, a pretty large dose of RI and then had to have a salivary gland removed due to becoming infected bc of the radiation. I went to the Dr in Nov and he said that it looks like my parathyroid are not working and so now I take calcium and vitamin d at bedtime. Synthroid in the morning. I just wanted to say HI and glad to be a part of your group.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Welcome to the group. I'm Lily.

Goodness. I'm sorry you have had to go through with the surgeries so young. 

I have read before where some need to take the calcium and Vitamin D and as always we have to take the Synthroid forever - but I hope all is well for you.

Glad you found the group and joined! Look forward to getting to know you.

Take care! 

luvmylittleboys
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!!  I was diagnosed with Hurthle cell carcinoma in September 2012 after total thyroid removal.  I underwent RAI in November and am waiting for my 6 month ultrasound this May.  I'm still pretty new at this whole cancer thing so I'm still pretty nervous about the future.  

LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope all goes well at your next appt. ! 

Quoting luvmylittleboys:

Welcome to the group!!  I was diagnosed with Hurthle cell carcinoma in September 2012 after total thyroid removal.  I underwent RAI in November and am waiting for my 6 month ultrasound this May.  I'm still pretty new at this whole cancer thing so I'm still pretty nervous about the future.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)