Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scan tomorrow

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

So I go for my scan tomorrow and I am nervous. I am going to get the iodine injection, has anyone had it, how bad does it hurt? I'm horrible with needles :(

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I did not have that procedure years ago. I swallowed the two capsules and went back 2 hours later for my scan. 

Good luck! Hope all goes OK. I am scared of needles myself! 

Take care!!! Let us know how it goes! 

LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I wonder if you can let them know how nervous you are beforehand and they can give you something to help calm you a tiny bit?

I do hope all goes well! HUGS!!!! 

Behindthelense
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Ok, I'm back and I had it done. I took a pill, came back 6 hours later and they checked the levels of radiation and then they gave me the injection and did the scan. It didn't really hurt, my arm felt a little weird at first but all in all it went well. I'll get the results in about a week.

LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Hope all comes back OK. Do keep us posted. Thanks for your update!!

If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I had my hip injection for my Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction! 

It's about a 7 inch needle that is guided through a hollow one they first position to get into my joint ( I watched it on the big screen Xray screen once he got the first one in there ) 

Then he stuck the first needle in with the medication and then the second one. Takes about 5-10 minutes, and this time the table tilted with me strapped in it. I always make the Doc stick me on the count of 3 !! LOL 

Im a wimp with the needles, even though I can't see him poke my hip area -- I make him count down so I won't flinch with the "Ok now....big stick"!!

I'll say !!!! He once had to re-stick me cause he hit cartiledge that's wearing away in there!! OMG I was in so much pain that day. He was all apologetic but DAMN that hurt! 

I go back in May for the left side! LOL

Again.... good luck to you! 

Quoting Behindthelense:

Ok, I'm back and I had it done. I took a pill, came back 6 hours later and they checked the levels of radiation and then they gave me the injection and did the scan. It didn't really hurt, my arm felt a little weird at first but all in all it went well. I'll get the results in about a week.

LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Bump for the update -- 

Behindthelense
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Don't have one yet :/ I go in Monday for the results :( Hopefully it's all good news!

LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I hope it is all good news too! *fingers crossed* 

I go Thursday for my blood draw to test my thyroid levels as well as my A1c test again.

Ive not had my thyroid meds adjusted in almost 2 yrs now. :/

Quoting Behindthelense:

Don't have one yet :/ I go in Monday for the results :( Hopefully it's all good news!

Behindthelense
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM

So my results basically just confirmed that without a doubt I have Graves Disease...which we kinda already knew but a full on confirmation is always good. I'm on the right medication and we'll just continue to monitor it through blood work. If my pills do not work, they will fry my thyroid. Let's all hope that doesn't happen.

LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Well goodness! I would hope that will not take place and you can be monitored and the meds continue to help.

It is good to get the confirmation, so I hope as I said, the meds help.

I get my blood work back next week but I honesty think I myself need another scan as its been years since my last one. My Doc was checking me for a goiter as well. Still nervous with any blood tests!

Thanks for posting your update! 

Quoting Behindthelense:

So my results basically just confirmed that without a doubt I have Graves Disease...which we kinda already knew but a full on confirmation is always good. I'm on the right medication and we'll just continue to monitor it through blood work. If my pills do not work, they will fry my thyroid. Let's all hope that doesn't happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)