Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fluctuating Levels

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 96 Total Views

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2011. When my doctor figured that out, I came back for bloodwork every 3 months, and each time I went back, my TSH levels were always changing and so she kept changing my med dosages. This started in 2011 and since then, my medication dosage has been changed almost every time that I have gone back to the doctor.

I lost insurance coverage in October, but had my bloodwork done again last month and my level is at 4, so my meds are too low again. Anyway - has anyone experienced their TSH levels fluctuating so much that you haven't been able to stick with one dosage for more than a 3-6 month span? My mother was diagnosed as hypothyroid about a year before I was, and she has been at the same dosage since her diagnosis.

I'm going to the doctor in a few weeks, but was just wondering if anyone has experienced this kind of fluctuation so I know what to ask when I go. I.e. is this more than hypothyroid? Or is mine just really insane? hahah

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Feb. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I am getting my levels checked this week, so I am not sure if mine too will have changed any.

I have hypothyroidism, and been at the same dose for over 2 yrs now which I am sure needs to be changed.

Hopefully when you get your results your Doctor can discuss any changes needed. Seems a bit weird to have to adjust them so much but if yours change often, I guess they need to.

Hope the appt. goes well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN