Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hashimoto's and/or Graves

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 137 Total Views
For those who are diagnosed with Hashimoto's and/or Graves, I was wondering what your symptoms were and if medications helped the symptoms? Was it easy/difficult to get diagnosed?
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
LilyPondOasis
by Lily -Group Owner on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Hello to you!

Not sure WHAT I have other than Hypothyroidism. I am on levothyroxine and my levels last week or so were a little lower but not enough to change my medication any. It had been a year since I last was checked due to me just not going to get the blood work done. 

I think the symptoms seems to mimic the other for some -- though my main thing is very dry skin, but my hair gets way dirtier than it used to. I have to wash my hair every other day or its just nasty. NO way can I handle the NO POO way to go people talk about on here! 

Hope some one else can help answer your questions! Hugs to you! 

melinda27819
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

With Hashimoto's you can go thru both symptoms, hyper and hypo, I went thru that. until diagnosed when it finally destroyed my thyroid and it was removed. I never found out prior to this. Until I got very sick and woke up with a lump in my throat I just thought wow I gained a lot of weight, or wow I lost a lot of weight without even trying.. Getting a good endo is the key.

Though when my  skin in dry, my heels and elbows crack, I get sleepy all the time, my periods get heavy, constipation,  I get brain fog, and my hair falls out among other symptoms I know my meds need adjusted. Did you know that the amount of meds you take can vary from summer to winter? You may need more or less during different seasons. Check out Mary Shoman on the web, she is a thyroid activist and can offer alot of information to help you at your next Dr. visit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)