Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do we even need a endo?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:13 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 201 Total Views
OK ladies..here's a little background...

I had my second surgery in December, right before that I saw my endo. It is now June and haven't seen him. In January I was sent to do the RAI but had to wait cause of scheduling issues. Had my RAI done and then a few weeks later, endo called in a prescription for synthroid for me. It was 125MG. In March I saw my reg dr and he wanted to know what my levels were and had em sent to my endo, 79.85! REALLY HIGH!! I never once heard from my endo. My reg dr puts me on 150MG of synthroid. Now the other day I went into the lab to test my thyroid, came in at 12.2, also sent to my endo. So my reg dr went ahead and called in my synthroid for 175MG. This was also sent to my endo and then they call this morning to tell me I need to make an appt regarding my lab results and I was like "i do have an appt and it's on the 25th" and why is it they're calling wanting to see me for my levels being at 12.2 but when they were 79.85 they did nothing. My endo is just really annoying, and this is now to me the 2nd stupid thing they have done. Anyhow so I go in on the 25th in the morning to see him and then in the afternoon I see my reg dr. But I sit here wondering ok what is the point of me seeing my endo when my reg dr is doing my endos job??
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
1wildflower
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 10:24 AM
Sounds like your endo is a knob!  Dump that doc and find someone who is more effecient and on top of things.  My endo is fabulous, he calls back ususally within 24 hours, gets me in quickly if I feel off the mark.  Does bloodwork immediatly and test for other thing to make sure if it isn't my thyroid we can figure out what the problem is...

You deserve someone who is attentive and listens to you and pays attetnion to the details.  :)

A regular MD may not be looking at the whole/complex picture and is not as educated in monitoring all the variables that are involved with thyroid issues.  

My endo described it like this, "I could deliver a baby if i had too, but I would not be as experienced and educated as a gyno.  So, there would be more of a chance of a oversight or complications with a delivery".  He told me this because my gyno was the one that discovered my thyroid condition and he prescribe me medication that was way way way to low.    It wasn't until my hair was falling out and my hair dresser told me to go see a endo becuase it was progressing quickly and she didn't want me to go bald!
jtmommy06
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 11:12 PM
Yeah. Makes sense. I'm gonna go to my endo on the 25th and then I also see my reg dr that day and I'm gonna ask him for a referral and if theres anyone else who he'd suggest I see cause this isn't the first time I've been irritated with my endo and him not being up to date on my crap like he should be.
lollimom
by on Jun. 16, 2007 at 1:00 AM
I love my endo.  If it wasn't for him maybe I would have gained weight up to 200 pounds.  He is great, I don't know what I will do when I move from California next year.
jtmommy06
by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 11:38 PM
I'm in CA too, what part are you?

If it wasn't for my reg dr I'd prob weigh 250 right now haha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)