Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is anyone else concerned about the facts

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:16 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

has anyone else worried about the fact that having hypothyroidism can have an increased risk of heart disease on your heart and arteries ,i found some intresting info on google and it freaks me out,
Hypothyroidism can be caused various factors, though the most common cause in the United States is a disease called Hashimoto's disease
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cougarkristi
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Yes those are all symptoms of hypothyroidism but most are what will happen if you leave your hypothyroidism untreated.  If you take your synthroid correctly and have your blood checked often you will not experience these problems because your body won't know your thyroid isn't working. 

As far as Hashimotos this is a type of hypothyroidism caused by the bodies antibodies attacking the thyroid gland so that it can no longer function to produce thyroid hormone. 

I hope this helps

Kristi

shannikasmamma
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 12:11 PM

Quoting cougarkristi:

Yes those are all symptoms of hypothyroidism but most are what will happen if you leave your hypothyroidism untreated.  If you take your synthroid correctly and have your blood checked often you will not experience these problems because your body won't know your thyroid isn't working. 

As far as Hashimotos this is a type of hypothyroidism caused by the bodies antibodies attacking the thyroid gland so that it can no longer function to produce thyroid hormone. 

I hope this helps

Kristi

yeah thanks for this kristi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)