Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:51 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 160 Total Views
Hi everyone! My name is Jerilyn and I just joined your group!  I was diagnosed at age 5 w/hypothyroidism and a goiter (family double whammy; my great-grandma on my mom's side of the family had a thyroid disorder and my dad's mom did as well).  Late last year my Dr. decided to up my dosage of Levothyroxine from125 mcg's to 150. Well, things didn't feel right to me, body-wise: I was always either freezing or roasting, no happy middle ground: my moods would swing back and forth like a pendulum,:constantly feeling hungry, as if i hadn't eaten in days.  Sooooooooooooo...I stopped taking it and almost immediately even my hubby noticed a difference!  Well then my goiter started to make an appearance (slight, but it was there if ya knew where to look), so maybe about a month or so ago I started to take my pills again. And here we go again...mood swings (there are some nights I'm almost in tears just trying to get my kids to go to sleep!), exhaustion, constant hunger, irregular body temp (roasting or freezing, no happy middle), hair is falling out like crazy (especially bad when I wash or brush it...just gobs of it fall out!): all this among a few other things.  I KNOW I should go see my Dr., get my levels tested again, but I don't want him thinking that I'm paranoid or making up symptoms that aren't there when I KNOW (sorry, I capitalize for emphasis lol) they are.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd LOVE to hear em!  Thanks and have a WONDERFUL day! I look forward to "meeting" all of you!  Jerilyn (or Jer)
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mandinb
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:39 PM
Hi, welcome to the group. I'm actually hyperthyroid, but I understand some of those symptoms! Not fun. The only thing I can suggest, is going to your doc and try explaining the way you are feeling...that's really all you can do, and that is what they are there for.   They are getting paid!  If they are not understanding you, I would find a new doc.  Hope you feel better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)