Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thyroid medicine

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:17 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 214 Total Views
Is anyone taking natural thryoid medicine?  I have been taking Levothyroxine.  I would like to try a natural way.  I have ordered Thyodine.  Has anyone every heard of this?  Does anyone know of any other natural medicine that I could try?  Thanks.

Missy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
rogerstammy
by on Jul. 27, 2007 at 5:56 PM
I am on armour and synthroid. This is working great for me. I would talk to your doctor before trying anything. I have had hypothyroid for 27 years and believe me you don't want to stop taking your meds without your doctor knowing. If you don't like your doc find another and keep looking until you find one you like. I had to do that and I have finally found a doctor that will let me help make decisions in my meds..
MisforMOM
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:24 PM

I have Hashi's.  I am now on Armour Thyroid.  I have been on Unithroid, Synthroid and Cytomel.

It is very difficult to find a doctor that prescribes Armour, but I would highly recommend that all Hypo patients at least give it a try.

There is a site that will help you to find a doc that prescribes Armour.  I'm sorry, right now, I cannot find the link that will take you directly to that page, but it can be found on this board.

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&webtag=ab-thyroid&listmode=1

; }

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)