• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I The Only One???

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 286 Total Views

My dh has been complaining about my attitude lately...I'm not on my period, but I just feel horrible. I feel like the whole world is against me, or like I'm not good enough. I've been down and feeling like crap. But some days I'll be fine and happy and others I just want to be left alone. My dh tells me I'm boring and that I don't know how to have fun, I've tried explaining to him what I feel, but he says I can't blame everything on my condition(I'm hypo) I've just had this feeling before and it doesn't feel good. So my question is, do any of you feel like this at times? or am I really the only one?

Thanks.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Helen
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:38 PM

I feel the same way.   I thought that the new dose would make me feel better, but it hasn't. 

Today, was one of the bad days.  Any little thing could set me off.  I feel bad when I feel this way. 

MeganH
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Well I just found out I am Hypo with Hashimoto's... and been on synthroid for 2.5 weeks... and I'm a WITCH. I know I'm doing it but I can't stop. It's like PMS times 5 or something... I'm going to see my Dr in 2 weeks and tell him about this. I'm thinking it might be a side effect from the snythroid...

HTH

You are not alone! 

.::Megan::.

Mommy to Haley Mae ~ 6.22.2005
Loving Wife to Jason  ~ 5.17.2003

tikigoddess
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM

No, I think we're all in the same boat here.  I too am Hypo and I was just diagnosed with Hashimoto's last week.  I go through mood swings that are just horrible!  I know too, that I have to try really hard not to run out of pills because my husband says I turn into Mrs Hyde if Im off of them for even a day or two. 

Another time I notice I become a real b&*ch is right before I'm about to some down with something.  I don't know if it's because my energy levels are changing, but even before I start getting run down I get a short fuse. 

BTW  Megan, I was married on 5/17 too... six years before you!

Jenicasmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I am like this too! I hate it especially the depression days....which for me can last several days.

38047_1230658629_med1.jpg picture by nica1082

jaimesue
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Don't feel bad, you are not alone.  I am exactly the same way, I also will get so worked up that I cause myself to have an anxiety attack.  It really sucks!  See if you can get him to read about your condition.  I send forwards to mine about it!  It helps a little.

SFerber
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Here too:  those are nasty bad days.  So I try to avoid people if at all possible when the monster rises. 

Your body is fignting for your sanity.  KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!

here hope this helps:  www.hasanyonetoldyou.com

Have you seen this yet?

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1069974&edited=1

Please come visit what has been taking place in my world...June 15 until today...

What might YOU be missing simply because you did not know to look?

mommyrenee3
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Yep this is how I feel. I wish guys would do their own research and realize we arent making excuses! 

HeatherNicole79
by on Feb. 15, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Yep, same here!  My hubby was horrible at first, but once I was diagnosed with Hypo and Hashimoto's he got more understanding.  He just backs off when I have an "off" day.  But when I do feel like one day is worse than the others, I usually try to get my levels checked.  Maybe you should get yours checked to see if they've fluctuated. 

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)