Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thyroid Cancer...

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:09 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 206 Total Views

Hello I am new to the group and I have a question. I had my Thyroid removed on Thursday because of cancer. Ever since then the only foods that sound good are veggies, and fruits I have a watermelon and a half since last Friday and four cantaloupe.

Grilled chicken breasts and baked pototoes have also been my craving. I ate a hamburger today and a candy bar yesterday and they just made me feel sick! Has anyone been through this?

Not that I am really complaining because I need to loose some weight, Thanks Dixie

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 3:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
barby402000
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Hey Dixie,

I had my thyroid removed 10 years ago because of cancer also. I was in the hospital for the 4th of July and there was only 1 other patient in the whole hospital because they did not take emergencies only scheduled patients and this other patient and I were the only ones not able to go home after our surgeries. Long story short, the chef at the hospital came and asked what I wanted to eat. She would make anything I wanted, steak, dessert, you name it. All I was craving was a Caesar salad. She was disappointed, but it was all I could think to eat. I did not want anything else.  It could also be the effects of the anesthesia. Good luck.

Barbara

malchusmom
by on Jul. 31, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Hi,try yo stay on light food and healthy ones while you still recovering. Since you were not able to eat that much after surgery your stomach get smaller and sensitive. And then gradually start on hard solid foods,it won't make you feel soo sick. Hope you have a great recovery and feel better soon. God Bless!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)