Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce yourself here ! (everyone must introduce themselves)

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 2253 Total Views

Ok Moms of tall tots, lets get to know each other!

Please tell us your name, age, height, a little bit about yourself  and any issues you have faced having a tall tot.

Also tell us the name of your tall tot, age, height/weight and their interests.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
libbykate
by Group Owner on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:00 PM

My name is LIbby, I am 28 years old,  I am 6'1 and I love photography, arts and crafts of any kind and of course my little guy. 

Some of the issues I have dealt with are people of course thinking there is something wrong with my son because he acts his age, not his size. We are also in the middle of potty training, not that it has anything to do with his height.

My son's name is Aidan. He is an only child and at 2 1/2 he is 42 inches tall and 45lbs.

He loves playing pretend more than anything. Playing with cars, Elmo, watching Dora and Little Bill. His favorite food is "cheesey" a direct quote, lol.

alouya21
by Group Admin on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM

hi my name is april,  i am 22 and only 5feet 2inches tall. everyone keeps asking me if he is 4 and i have to tell them no he is only 2.

preston luke he is 2 1/2  he is 38 inches tall and weighs 37lbs (i might be off). he is already wearing a size 3t-4t and some 5t

he loves to play with cars, watch spongebob, dora, any kind of cartoons.

Mammoo
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM

My name is Beth, and my son is Thomas. I'm 34 and 5'4" and DH is 5'10" not that it matters really since Thomas is adopted. He adopted him through domestic open adoption when he was 2 days old. I love to read and play computer games, though hanging out with T-rex is my favorite past time.

Thomas is 38.5 inches and 38 pounds. People are always assuming he is much older so they expect more out of him than is age appropriate. Kids are always trying to have conversations with him and then ask what's wrong with him when he doesn't answer them. Makes me feel bad for him.

Thomas loves fire engines, Thomas the Tank Engine and singing Wheels on the Bus. He is absolutely fearless and a dare devil (a place that his big stature is actually a blessing!)

If you want to know anything else please feel free to as, I am an open book!

Beth

coolassmom87
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Hi im Ashley im 22 im 5'7" and my Dh is 6'4".

My daughter McKenna just turned 2 in May and she is 37" and 34 lb. Last weekened we were camping, and and since she is taller than my little 4 year old cousin, everyone just assumed she was way older than she really is. So i got a lot of funny looks when they were together cause my dd is definatly going through the terrible 2's and people were looking at her like she was a horribly bratty 4 year old. I totally get what you guys mean when you say that people expect her to act her size and not her age.

She loves Elmo, SpongeBob and Tinkerbell and all the princesses. She loves the park and her favorite activities are probably swimming (she is a total fish!), and coloring.

jordansmomtp
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2009 at 4:36 PM

My name is Tiffany, I'm 28 years old, I measure in at 5 foot 3 inches.....yep, I'm a shortie.  My son however is not....Jordan, born November 30,2006 is tall and slim, measuring in at 38 inches and 32.8 pounds.  He is taller than most of his 3 year old playmates and much stronger too.  He speaks well for his age and is more advanced than most children his same age, therefore he is often thought to be much older than he really is.

janel09
by New Member on Aug. 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM

My name is Patrice and I'm 5'5. I have one girl here and one girl coming next month. My husband Lance is tall at 6'2 and his brother is 6'4. I met more people in the family and they are taller than those two. The issues I have with my daughter's height is how fast she grows out of clothes and the size is just embarrasing. She's in 4-5ts. She is too big for strollers so she walks everywhere. I have a problem with treating her like she is four or five when she is still only two.

My daugher will be three in November but has the height and weight of a 4 year old. She is 38 inches tall and 41 pounds. At her last visit she was 39 inches (I need a new pediatrician). She likes to play with other kids and isn't aggressive with it. I tend to put her around older kids because she looks like she fits other than kids her own age. She loves Dora, Diego, and Kai-Lan so she speaks a little chinese and spanish sometimes. She is potty trained pretty well to the point that we may have to change a wet pull up once every three weeks.

Patrice Janel

Wife to Lance04/21/06 mother to L'Janel Jacel 11/04/06 and Lawriel Jolise coming in 09/16/09

MooMeeValdez
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I am Andrea from Kansas, mama to Felix and Mayela. Both my kids were big bf babies!!! Actually he was born @ 37 weeks and was a tiny 6 lbs 1 oz, so Im happy he is growing!!! Felix is a big biligual boy for 2 1/2 last measuring he was 38 in and 37 lbs in may...so hes a square ;) He gets his height from dada who is 6 1 (and his brother is 6 3) - big texans! Me Im a whoppin 5 ft1! :)

this is felix

breastfeedingAndrea aka MooMeeValdezbouncing mom

libbykate
by Group Owner on Aug. 14, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Yay, its wonderful to hear about all of the big healthy kiddos.

And Patrice, congrats on the new little one. That last month can be rough.

Welcome to the group all!

mitchellsmom06
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Hi ladies I am Aimee I am 33 and 5'7". 

Mitchell will be 3 11/8 he is 39.5 inches and weighs 35 lbs.  I always get the WOW he is a big boy huh, and my fav "what are you feeding him?" 

jenrose82
by New Member on Aug. 23, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Hi, I'm Jen and I'm 27 and 5'8". My son is Griffin and he is about 36lbs and at least 39inches tall. I need to measure him again! I swear he's growing like a weed. He is super active and loves SuperWhy and WordWorld (and Elmo and Curious George... basically anything on the PBS morning lineup!) He has gotten really good at talking most of the time but he can throw huge toddler fits like nobody's business! He's not yet potty trained, which makes things hard for him. We were at Ikea which has a free play area for kids who are potty trained and over 37" tall, and he met the height requirement but wasnt potty trained and it made him upset to know he couldn't play there. His friend who is 5 months younger and 4 or 5 inches shorter WAS potty trained but not tall enough to go play. At least neither one could get in, but its sad that so many younger kids are potty trained and he isnt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)