Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What REALLY raises the risk of breast cancer?

Posted by   + Show Post

There are lots of rumors what environmental factors might cause breast cancer.

I thought  this list of possible factors, and whether or not they are really contributors to breast cancer, was very helpful. Take a look:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1301703/What-REALLY-raises-risk-breast-cancer-We-asked-expert-weigh-evidence-various-theories.html

What do you think of this list? Do you avoid anything here?

by on Aug. 11, 2010 at 1:14 PM
Replies (11-16):
mommerbean
by Member on Oct. 14, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I truly believe that I got it from HRT and my radiologist said that is probably true. I took both Premarin and Provera for 17 years (I'm old) and I have no history of BC in my family. As always they don't really test products for any lenght of time and allow the RX maker to do the testing, like they are going to say their product is bad.

I also cleaned for 18 years, worked in smoke... WE are all being poisoned by the crap in everything we use! My son is a scientist and studies cancer research, he said, "we need to stop the causes, we know what they are. there is an allowable amount of carcinogenics in what we eat, drink, breathe, rub on us, touch...the list goes on and on... but a little and a little and a little adds up to a LOT and BOOM cancer is  out of control!"  THEY KNOW THIS TOO!

I avoid ALL of those things like the plague now, I'm all natural everything!

Montylyn
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:28 AM

Very interesting !! Thank you for sharing

Dolphinz
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM

It's interesting, but seems to be inconclusive with the "evidence"/"findings".... I don't drink or smoke, breast fed both of my children, have absolutely NO history of breast cancer on either side of my family, rarely used air freshners, I did wear underwire bras, but ALWAYS took them off as soon as I got home and NEVER slept in a bra, I've never taken any kind of HRTs, I did gain some extra weight after my second pregnancy, but I was always active and anytime I went to my doctor, was told I was healthy.... I would like to know what truly caused mine as I don't fit the norm for any of these "findings"...

godsgirl26
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Quoting Montylyn:

Very interesting !! Thank you for sharing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Vitamin d deficiency, iodine deficiency, bromide and fluoride in the body because it displaces iodine in the breast.  There are iodine and vitamin d receptors all over the body.

KrissiABC
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Same with me, I never wore a bra(can't stand them),no family history,don't drink or smoke, breastfed for 2yrs,always healthy(no surgery, only hospitalization was when I had my son),never overweight, did everything 'right' yet at 36 I now breast cancer. Don't trust radiation, gonna go with the old fashion 'cure'-mastectomy.

Quoting Dolphinz:

It's interesting, but seems to be inconclusive with the "evidence"/"findings".... I don't drink or smoke, breast fed both of my children, have absolutely NO history of breast cancer on either side of my family, rarely used air freshners, I did wear underwire bras, but ALWAYS took them off as soon as I got home and NEVER slept in a bra, I've never taken any kind of HRTs, I did gain some extra weight after my second pregnancy, but I was always active and anytime I went to my doctor, was told I was healthy.... I would like to know what truly caused mine as I don't fit the norm for any of these "findings"...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)