Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who inspired you to join this group? Was it a friend or family member with cancer? A survivor you know? Someone whose memory you want to honor? Yourself?

Share who you're supporting in the Breast Cancer Support Center here.

by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Replies (431-440):
lotof143
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2012 at 1:54 AM

TYPO I MEANT MY LITTLE SISTERS

shadenn766
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM

i'm a 2 time survivor,1994 & 2002 (not of breast cancer ), even though it was a different kind, the treatment whether its chemo, radiation or surgery are very similar... if not the same

i am familiar with the battle which includes the emotional and physical challenges...so i show support by offering kind words, prayers and thinking happy thoughts not only for them but for myself as well...

nverheyn2011
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Breast cancer runs rampant in my family! Both my grandmothers had it, and SURVIVED! I joined this in memory of my late grandmother (my dad's side) who recently passed away at 83. She was one hell of a fighter!

LLICE
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM
I joined for myself & my sister. My sister had a lumpectomy last year. I am a 2 time survivor of stage IV breast cancer. My experience & knowledge might be helpful to someone facing a new diagnosis or procedures she doesn't comprehend. I can also offer support & comfort.
Gavynsmom44
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I have always been a big supporter of breast cancer awareness. My paternal grandmother who raised myself and my siblings survived 2 bouts of breast cancer. I remember her second battle and her going through her mastactomy.and this was in the early 80's. I remember the pain and how I hated her scars for her. I myself have in the past year (with the help of self exam's) founf one mass that turned out to be a cyst and recently (last week) discovered 2 more masses in my other breast. I go for a mammogram on the 9th. I had an appointment sooner but rescheduled because I just started a job. So I would absoultely suggest every woman educate themselves on this awful disease and PLEASE exam your breast and know your body it may save your life. Early detection is the key. Don't wait for that annual mammogram ladies be proactive check the Ta Ta's. I know I will always be aware if I possiable can. I was so great full I actually found the one on my own. I made an appointment and went to see my doctor (who is awesome in my book) she checked and found the SECOND one that I never felt. So while I am concerend I have the appointment for the testing and I feel confident my situation no matter how it turns out could be much worse...

DylansMom1207
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I just joined this group for myself.  I was just diagnosed.

mom2mybabes
by New Member on May. 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM

My mom is battling breast cancer. I stand in support for her

MoNikkii
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:17 AM

To be completely honest, I joined this group because I am going to eventually write a paper about breast cancer. I am in school to obtain a Bachelors Degree in Health Care Admin and Management and breast cancer is what my group chose. I feel as though I can obtain some knowledge from individuals possibly struggling with breast cancer or know someone who has to gain a better understanding since I know nothing. I hope I am not wrong for this action.....

MoNikkii
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I should also add that I do suport breast cancer and recently helped a friend promote a party to raise money. It was pretty fun.

nangel4u
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM

My aunt and my mother in law are both breast cancer survivors

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)