Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Who inspired you to join this group? Was it a friend or family member with cancer? A survivor you know? Someone whose memory you want to honor? Yourself?

Share who you're supporting in the Breast Cancer Support Center here.

by on Aug. 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Replies (441-450):
momadee216
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:17 AM
My grandmother and my friend debbie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
purple899
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM
My family I have family that is going throw it and died etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ELLE857
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hello everyone,  

It's been a while since I've been on this site.  I hope you are all doing as well as can be expected!

I joined because I am a breast cancer survivor... it was three years this past March.  

Recently, my sister was diagnosed with brain cancer, and she is in her second week of treatment (chemo x 7 days + radiation x 5 days).  The tumor was removed on June 1st and she was home that following Monday.  She started her chemo on July 1st and her radiation on July 2nd.  Needless to say, it has been an emotional rollercoaster for us these couple of months, especially the day of her surgery, when they removed about 80%. Yesterday, she started losing her hair but she has a really good attitude about it.  I told her that it means the chemo is working, so that is one good thing.  She is my hero!

Please pray for my sister; her name is Patricia.  Here is a picture of her the day after her surgery in icu.

Thanks, Ellen

babyboomer1977
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I joined this group because i was diagnosed with breast cancer this last decemember 2nd!

And since than i have to recover from breast surgery in the whole month of January of this year and than in Febuary to May i was having chemo therapy up to my 19th wedding aniversary which i never got to celerbrate! And in the last three weekdays of June i started my radiation therapy and in July too! The end of July is my last week of radiation therapy!

violetteseyes
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Breast Cancer runs in my family my mother had breast cancer, but was able to catch it early and have it removed. she now has to have mammograms and check ups every few months.

reidcaddell
by New Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
I joined to honor the memory of my aunt princess 223 she was my inspiration the woman who raised me and taught me everything I know I love and miss her she was brave and a fighter til the end....
Juggalette0327
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Breast Cancer claimed my Grandmother before I ever got to meet her. She passed away the same year I was born and after I was born my mom said I had her exact birth mark so she gave me her name. 

tinkerbellp
by Member on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:43 AM
My mom had it when I was in her tummy but, what I understood that she was going through everything and came to found out she was 39 when she had me but, didn't live too long I was only 8 when she passed away but, I do support everyone that I care like my families n friends my aunt she had cancer all over her after having the car accident in 2002 and the dr told her she only had 6 months to live but, she died in 2004 or 2006 don't remember cause I got married in July 2006 so none of my aunt's family told me what was going on but, anyways I support anyone who tells me their stories I'm an person who support anyone only if they let me I do think about joining for the runs/walk events all the time but, had to find any in Montana I do pray for all of u guys no matter what take care n enjoying the time u got w/ ur friends/families
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrscountrywoman
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM

In support of all the women of the world, but especially my friend Pam. I can't be there each moment so I pray for her daily. God is so good!  

emptynesst
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM
I joined this group because I had a brother who passed away with breast cancer several years ago,
I then had a sister diagnosed in November 2010...and myself..
Diagnosed December 2010... My name is Teresa..and im 46
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)