Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Video: Self-Exams Like You've Never Seen Them Before!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2011 at 9:49 AM
  • 6 Replies

The group Beyond Boobs is trying to raise awareness of the importance of breast self-exams, and is trying to make them fun at the same time.

Check out their "Self-Exama" disco video below!

What do you think? Do you think this video will inspire more people to do self-exams?

by on Feb. 18, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LoriAnn87
by on Feb. 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM

this is a cute video and i don't know if it will inspire others to check there girls out but i think it will get the message out to remeber to check them.

i.heart.rachel
by on Feb. 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM

LOL @ the fairy. I really like it. 

tenic
by Member on Feb. 18, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Love it! I am a fan of the Bee Gees. It was nice to see various age groups represented and the men too. The Bee Gees should be proud. This could save many lives. I found my breast cancer with a self exam in 2009 at age 51. The mammogram that I had six months before I felt my lump did not detect my cancer. I was stage 2, no cancer in lymph nodes so dr. didn't feel that radiation wasn't necessary. A mastectomy in Sept. 2009, four months of chemo and a year of Herceptin. If I had waited until my next yearly mammogram I might not be in remission now. Recently I had another mastectomy and full hysteretomy because I have the cancer gene and my chance of recurrence is high. Now I am trying to get my life back to my new normal.

dizzylore62
by Member on Feb. 18, 2011 at 1:43 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this! Thank you for posting it. I think it will help get the word out. At least I hope it does!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angellinda
by Member on Feb. 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM

I Loved this! How Cute!! If it can help! Yay! I want the cure for all cancers!! I want all to be Staying alive! Thank you for posting!!pink ribbon

vlester
by Member on Feb. 22, 2011 at 11:21 PM

cool video

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN