Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Relapsed

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 8:19 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this
Have you beated cancer? Only to have it come back?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommaz865
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Yes I have and now i have stage 4 metastatic beast cancer in my bones and i do treatments monthly.

hopealways4019
by Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Sorry! Praying for you

Quoting mommaz865:

Yes I have and now i have stage 4 metastatic beast cancer in my bones and i do treatments monthly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i was diagnosed (not breast ca...different type)  in 1994 and had a recurrence in 2002...have been in remission since...

so i do understand how you feel...prayers to you, hang in there

shadenn766
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

feel better

mommaz865
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, i have scans this week and am kinda nerviouse

Nora_A
by Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Mommaz865, good luck with your scans this week. I pray that there's nothing new for you to worry about, and that your treatments are working.

Hopealways4019, how is your son doing? How are YOU doing with everything? Do you have a support group or message board for parents of kids with cancer?

hopealways4019
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:15 AM
My son relapsed, if they can't get him back into remission, he can pass. How do I get to the message board, for cancer? And thanks for asking.

Quoting Nora_A:

Mommaz865, good luck with your scans this week. I pray that there's nothing new for you to worry about, and that your treatments are working.

Hopealways4019, how is your son doing? How are YOU doing with everything? Do you have a support group or message board for parents of kids with cancer?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nora_A
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear that. A cancer diagnosis is never easy to face, let alone when it's one of your kids. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I don't know if cafeMom has a kids with cancer support group, but it is something that you could suggest to the moderators. It's a big community so there must be others out there. You need to take care of yourself as well as your son.

hopealways4019
by Member on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Thanks for understanding, yes I also gotta take care of myself, because this weekend I felt like hell, really couldn't get up. But I will look around for cancer group.

Quoting Nora_A:

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear that. A cancer diagnosis is never easy to face, let alone when it's one of your kids. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I don't know if cafeMom has a kids with cancer support group, but it is something that you could suggest to the moderators. It's a big community so there must be others out there. You need to take care of yourself as well as your son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadenn766
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting mommaz865:

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, i have scans this week and am kinda nerviouse

try to relax...hugs and fingers crossed...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)