Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

I feel like I was Tortured and left to Die!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

I missed all of my last appts. Due to having no money. My husband lost his job 3 years ago. Living on zero income is so hard. We used up our savings since I got Triple Negative Breast Cancer in 2010! I have no gas money to get to all of my follow up appts. No one seems to care! They say all the bad things Stress does.. I've had more issues. I do have a few new breast lumps since January.  It seems even my doctors and nurses don't care! When you have no income.. I'm feeling I'm expendable!!  I have so many side effects that are Brutal.. Then I got an eye infection that went from one eye to the next, this sore throat and stiff neck, aches and pains and every brutal side effect, you never thought you'd get!! I know you understand!!! So I'm just venting and sharing!! No need to reply.. But do know I'm wishing you well!!

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
deesam
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I am so sorry you are going through all of this. As for your doctors shame on them. Is there a research center around you that could help. I know that you have probably already tried this but it hurts to know that our medical professionals can't assist you in any way.

Angellinda
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Thank you for caring and understanding!!bowing downhugging

KRIZZ25
the world is so messed up these days .babies getting killed.kids changing themselves ,kids getting shot at school, teenager dancing so nasty,homeless without food but ppl get bashed for having food stamps.and it goes on and on..its so sad my kids and great nephew have to grow up in this world.
Yesterday at 12:31 AM
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

u should be able to get medcade,or disability..i would look in to that ..

Angellinda
by Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Thank you! It seemslike I'm turned down for every bit of help I can need. I feel so ill & hopeless. Knowing I shouldn't stress over this how bad it is.. Thank You for replying & caring.. I wish you and everyone healing!!

Specialk3190
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM
I am sorry you are having this experience. I'm a nurse and a get so mad when people just don't care! Especially when they are in a profession that is supposed to help!! I would definitely get to your local Department of Social Services to see if you qualify for some public assistance.

good luck with everything, and don't let anyone ever make you feel like you are unworthy! you are important and your life has value to others...get up on your white horse and advocate for yourself.
elizabeth703
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Im so sorry to hear u r going through all of this dont give up hope ... The shame on doctors tht dont care they should though ... If i was where u r i would give them a peace of my mind ....im sorry

Angellinda
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Thank You!! I wanted to be sure I had Gas money to get to my 110 miles round trip appts. But I don't. But As I kept emailing the RN.. I was suppose to be seen in 12/11. Well she wasn't helpful! She suggested I could get a free Mammogram in June or October, Maybe!!!?? I explained.. I'm a Triple Negative Breast Cancer patient! I have new lumps I'm worried on! So I just called the phone number# & made the earliest Appts. I could!! Its Thursday May 3RD!! So I hope to win or find  money for gas by then. Living on Zero income is so Hard!! Our state is messed up! We've had the most job looses here out of all State!!  We do qualify for food share. I do have Badercare.. But Nothing else.. Bills  like our mortgage and what not.. Life is too overwhelming.. But what else can I do??? Please.. If you care to.. Think good thoughts for my wellness & Better Days to come!! My DH is trying to sell his  Breast Cancer awareness piece of pottery!  Then if it sold we'd have some income! Thank You for Caring and your kind words!! How I wish you healing!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)