Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Pneumonia

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
Has anybody gotten pneumonia during treatment? This is my second bout with it & it's hit me harder than the first time. I'm having a hard time recovering from it. They cancelled my treatment for 2 wks. & I am supposed to start back up say after tomorrow. I went to a pulmonary dr. & he gave me I inhalers. This morning I had such a panic attack & it made it harder to breathe that I made myself sick. I used the emergency inhaler & calmed down after that. I'm just so tired of being sick. Thanks for letting me vent. It helps.

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shadenn766
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM

i'm so sorry that you arent feeling well...i never had pnuemonia, but i did have a really bad case of the flu that then turned into a blood infection...radiation and chemo were suspended for a few days until i got better

hope that you start to feel better soon...ladybug

LLICE
by on May. 16, 2012 at 5:41 AM
So sorry you're stressed by these complications & hope you're feeling better by now. I did get pnuemonia at one point the 1st time I had breast CA & a blood infection during from my catheter the 2nd time. I remember being angry & tired & all I wanted was to continue treatment so that it would be over sooner. Not logical because of course both conditions affected my blood counts but it's how I felt.
Your emotions aren't right or wrong, they are how you honestly feel at that moment. I found that focusing on getting well by being extra kind to myself kept me from having to use my asthma inhaler (my asthma gets MUCH WORSE during colds & flu). Use your inhaler as prescribed, it will help expand the swollen air sacks & help get the mucus that's clogging your lungs (& making you feel worse)!
I hope that you bounce back quickly from this set-back. Sending you happiness & warm thoughts!
sanibelblueyezz
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Thanks LLICE, I am starting to feel better. That anxiety attack seemed to snap something out of me & I've been feeling better since. I did get treatment yesterday which i was worried about. Now just staying low & taking it easy. Thanks for the positive reinforcement. I love this site :) Marilyn
shadenn766
by on May. 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

yuck cant stand those stinky anxiety attacks...hope that goes away too...did they give you something for them? anyways, glad you're feeling better...

Quoting sanibelblueyezz:

Thanks LLICE, I am starting to feel better. That anxiety attack seemed to snap something out of me & I've been feeling better since. I did get treatment yesterday which i was worried about. Now just staying low & taking it easy. Thanks for the positive reinforcement. I love this site :) Marilyn

tmg67
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 11:16 AM

They put me in the hospital 2 times but this was right after my chemo. The first time, I was so dehydrated and confused, I was in for a week and it was because of pneumonia. The first 3 days I don't even remember being in the hospital or what happened. The next time was just over the week-end. Do everything they tell you to do and use that little breathing thing they have you breathe to help clear the lungs. They said to use it every 2 hours but I used it alot more than that. When I started using that, it really helped to clear my lungs and even now, at home, I still use it to make sure my lungs are as clear as I can keep them. God Bless and I will keep you in my prayers for no further set backs during your treatment :)

sanibelblueyezz
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Thank you tmg. I think they only give the breathing treatments in the hosp. Because they didn't do that for me & I wish they had. I just got advair & a rescue inhaler from my pulmonary dr. My onc. Had me on IV antibiotics & fluids & oxygen. I still feel like i'm not breathing right. I have bloodwork today with lots of questions. Thanks for responding. Marilyn
shadenn766
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM

sorry that you're still not feeling 100%...i truly hope  that things improve for ya...keep us posted as to how things are coming along...hugs to ya...get well soon butterfly

Quoting sanibelblueyezz:

Thank you tmg. I think they only give the breathing treatments in the hosp. Because they didn't do that for me & I wish they had. I just got advair & a rescue inhaler from my pulmonary dr. My onc. Had me on IV antibiotics & fluids & oxygen. I still feel like i'm not breathing right. I have bloodwork today with lots of questions. Thanks for responding. Marilyn

sanibelblueyezz
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Thanks shadenn! I think I'm finally over the worst part. Phew! Hope the pneumonia shot works on on the rest.
shadenn766
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM

oh good for you...glad you're feeling better...

Quoting sanibelblueyezz:

Thanks shadenn! I think I'm finally over the worst part. Phew! Hope the pneumonia shot works on on the rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)