Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am having severely swollen legs and feet. It has reached the point where my legs will not hold my weight for more than a few minutes. Have been taking lasix but it isn't helping with the swelling. Oncologist did X rays last week when I went to see him and decided to hold off chemo for awhile. Today they did ultrasounds, or tried to, on my legs and I have a NRI scheduled later this week as well.

Anyone ever have this problem? Any ideas on reducing the swelling?

sad

Linda

by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Replies (11-12):
signingmama2915
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:08 PM
Im new, but read your story and glad to know you age doing better. :)

Quoting LindaBRooks:

I haven't posted in ages, I know. Had a few rough months...spent one entire month in the hospital. Ugh!  I was sick and thought I could "fix it" because it was same symptoms I'd last time i was hospitalized. Turned out I couldn't fix it. I wasn't really aware of too much the first 2 weeks. They ran just about every test you could think of. Turns out my port was infected. My body had lost just about every vitamin and mineral. I needed so many IVs they put in a Pic-Line. I had to have PT to get legs strong enough to walk again. Still using a walker at times. Wouldn't let me come home till I ate and gained weight.After I was released I still had to come in for a week for infusions of meds. Since then, I've had an EGD and a vertebroplasty and some lab work last Friday. Still waiting on some results. I've been switched to a different (oral) chemo-Xeloda. And my Xgeva once a month. So I've been kinda busy the past few months....I did find out the burning/stinging in my feet/hands is neuropathy (spelling?) and is caused by some chemos. It's usually associated with diabetes. But I have medication for it now and it isn't quite so bad. I am walking more now without the walker, and am gaining weight. Who ever thought someone who fought their weight would be happy to gain it now? lol

But that is my update and I hope all of you are doing well.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LindaBRooks
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Thanks...I used to post on a regular basis until I had this last bad spell. Still some days II don't get online. But glad to see you in our group!  good

Linda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)