Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Chemo too strong?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM
  • 11 Replies

That's what they tell me.  The longer I am on it the stronger it gets and the weaker I get.  I was just in the hosp. from just being completely run down and malnourished because I haven't been eating worth a darn.  Anybody else have this problem and what was done about it.  We're getting ready to change treatments.  It's a clinical trial and one of the strongest out there.  My body is telling me it's too much any more.  I want some life back!

Marilyn

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elizabeth703
by Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I agree chemo is to strong it made me ill and now i just have other treatments , i hope we both get some life back i will keep you in my prayers .....   praying

sanibelblueyezz
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:19 AM
I thank you for your reply. I go to the dr. Today to find something out about this treatment. I don't want to feel this way anymore. You are in my prayers as well.
Nora_A
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I'm so sorry that the chemo is really kicking your butt. Best of luck to you today. I hope that you will be able to complete treatments soon and get back to the business of living.

shadenn766
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:44 PM

sorry that you arent feeling well...and yes that chemo is a son of a b*****...it did me that way, i was also taking radiation at the same time...they never toned it down...at least they are talking about altering yours to give you some relief...good luck prayers and hugs....hope that you feel better soon

sanibelblueyezz
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 11:52 PM
My dr took one look at me & knew I wan't feeling well. Told me I was mentally & physically fried. Boy did he hit the nail on the head. Decided on holding off from treatment & just give me 3 days of fluids. I feel better already. The brain MRI had me in a panic but that turned out ok too ...PHEWWW!
Please deep md informed on your progress. God bless us all!!
LLICE
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM

So sorry you're struggling!  I hope they figure out how to help you feel better. You're in my prayers! <3

sanibelblueyezz
by Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Thank you all for your replies and esp. for your prayers. Yesterday I had my appt. with my dr. and I was completely freaked out but got through it. What scared me even more is he ordered a brain Mri and I had it done yesterday as well. Thank the Lord it came out OK. My pet/ct scan results came back STABLE which was also great news. He decided to hold chemo off for a wk; not sure what will happen next Thurs. I am getting 3 days of fluids only and I'm amazed at how good I'm feeling.  It feels unreal to tell you the truth.  No nausea, although I did take a pill early this morning as a precaution.  After my appt. I met my friend for lunch and had a Wendy's new fruit and chicken salad and it was wonderful and it stayed down with no stomach problems.  Maybe I am finally getting my mojo back :)  Tomorrow I see the nurse practioner for a review and then last day of fluids.  I may just order fluids once a week just to feel better.  Although I've been drinking like I'm ready to float away IV fluids work much better.  Thanks again for all well wishes and  prayers.  I send it all back to you. Hugs to all!  hugs

shadenn766
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:19 PM

hang in there

blessedwitluv
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 5:02 AM
I'm sorry chemo is doing this. It truly sucks. I send you many positive thoughts and well wishes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaBRooks
by Member on Jul. 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Min was too strong---once I could eat again, the swelling began in my feet/legs. Was taken off chemo total of 6 weeks and started a new one 4 weeks ago now. Had bad nausea reactions to this one first time. took second one yesterday and we shall see!  They most likely will change yours. One day when i had 3 doctors working on me in the hospital, one leaned over and said "You want a life, but it's the quality of life we need to work on." This lady goes all over thw world to seminars and such and is so knowledgeable.  Glad she talks to my doctor as often as she does. I do want to live and I will fight the battle as hard as i can, but I also want that quality of life. Need it, in fact to be able to fight in the begiing! Good luck to you!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN