Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound tomorrow.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

Back on April 24th, when I saw my family doctor for my checkup, he found a small lump in my right breast. He felt that it was probably just some type of fatty deposit or plugged duct, and he didn't seem too concerned about it. All is said was "this may be something that we want to keep an eye on."

May want to keep an eye on? Excuse me! I wasn't impressed. Telling a woman who has already had breast cancer that you may want to keep an eye on a lump hardly seems like the most appropriate course of action.

I had already been scheduled for a hysterectomy just a couple of weeks later, on May 9th, so I mentioned it to my surgeon. He agreed with me, that doing nothing until I am due for my annual mammogram, in November was probably not the best idea. He told me to remind him at my six week post-op checkup, and he'd arrange the diagnostic screening. I saw him last week, and we set everything up for tomorrow.

So now it's sit and wait, and pray that the tests show nothing seriously wrong. I just finished chemo last April, and radiation last June, so there is no way that I am ready to face having to go through it all again. I don't know what I'm gonna do if it is cancer again.

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DylansMom1207
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Hope it went well!

LLICE
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 4:17 AM
I'm hoping all went well & the news is good!
sanibelblueyezz
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I will pray that is not cancer again but if it is you will take it one day at a time like you did first time. Good luck on the results & God bless.
Nora_A
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, ladies. It's all good! Apparently I have nothing to worry about. I can honestly say that I slept better last night than I have in the past two months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN