Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Personal Hygiene

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ever since I found out I had cancer I have been trying to go all natural. I now use natural deodorant. My problem is the scents do not cover up my new found chemo a ent. Anybody have a problem like this or have any solutions? I use an aloe based deodorant from Body Works called DeoDry. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Even my 21 yr Old son has commented about my new scent. Thanks, Marilyn God bless!
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sonyarizzo1
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 9:21 AM
I went all natural too and found a really good deodorant. its call cristal. its an actual cristal and you get the end of it wet and rub it under your arm. I love it! they sell it at most grocery stores and if you can't find it they sell it online. also all of my beauty products are parobean free. parobean is a preservative that actually acts as a hormone in our bodies. stay away from anything soy also and eat organic food. grass fed organic beef is best. I know its hard to go 100% natural Amd organic,but even if you go 50% its better than not at all. good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLICE
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If anything my BO got worse with chemo & has stayed a problem. Now that I'm done & recovered the many meds I take for side effects seem to make my BO offensive even around myself (lol) & I worry about offending others. I use the strongest antiperspirant I can find - Certain Dry. Secret Clinical strength is also good. I tried the Cristal salt thing but nothing happened.
shadenn766
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM

avon has a nice deodorant its called natural's vanilla ...seems like a lot of things change after chemo

LadyBast
by New Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Sorry Hun good luck and Prayers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN