Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Share your story

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 121 Replies

The Breast Cancer Awareness Group is a support group for everyone affected by breast cancer. Share your story and let us know how you are helping to fight breast cancer.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaMama16
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM

My aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer about 4 years ago.  She discovered it while doing a routine self breast exam in the shower. It was about 10 mm in size.  She had it removed and went through treatment.  It's been rough because we don't live anywhere near each other.  She has 2 older sons and recently lost her husband of 32 years. I wish we could be closer to her but she's a strong woman and very inspiring.

Savvy_Love
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

A woman whom I lovingly refer to as my spiritual mother passed away many years ago from a long battle with breast cancer and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her courage and strength. Every year I try to do something to honor her memory as well as all of the other brave woman fighting breast cancer.

4kidz916
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM

My mother is a breast cancer survivor.  She was diagnosed in 1985, had a masectomy, took chemo, and has been cancer free ever since.  She's had a few scares over the years from things showing up on her mammograms but they've turned out to be nothing. 

MamaCandy79
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM

my great grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer twice and beat it.she is 91 and still going strong!

lenoxclan
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

My mil went through Breast Cancer last yr. I am happy to say she is cancer free and doing well as of now!

kgmmw
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:16 PM
My aunt lost her left breast due to breast cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM
My best friend lost her mom to breast cancer 2 yrs ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

i've only known one person so far to get breast cancer and she's currently going through treatment. good news is it seems to be working!

babyboomer1977
by Member on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I was diagnosed with carcinoma breast cancer!   I had to have a lumpy surgery on the 22nd of 2011 and than on January 30th I had my lphnoyds removed and It has been very hard on my husband and son! As for me! I stayed positive in a good way the whole time!  My husband has been very good at taking care of me even though he had to get himself laid off from his work for a long time to take care of me! He took me to all my doctors appoitments and my chemo appointments too! But the hardest thing that we have gone through is struggling to pay our utility bills on time! And we had to the the local food bank people deliver food to our house one time because we where so low on food !  I started my chemo therapy in febuary of this year and I finished my chemo therapy on may 24th on my husbands and my 19th anniversary which we never got to celebrate ! I Started my radiation therapy in the last week of June and finished in August of this year! And I have been doing good so far! My family and I have had a lot of hard times this year but we are still together! The only thing is I found out that the hormone pills that I have to take make my hot flashes make me feel like that I am burning up and they also create to much pain for me! But other than that! I am doing good so far!

lalasmama2007
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM
One of my previous coworkers lost her life due to breast cancer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN