Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

The Breast Cancer Awareness Group is a support group for everyone affected by breast cancer. Share your story and let us know how you are helping to fight breast cancer.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (111-120):
mariamom80538
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 6:07 PM

BUMP

VISIT: htp://togeterefightcancer.org

TinaNicu
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:52 AM
My grandmother died at 31 from BC. I have 3 cousins who had BC in their 40s- one of which died. I was diagnosed with DCIS, LCIS, and ILC breast cancer in may. I also found out that I have a brca2 mutation. I had a double mastectomy last month with reconstruction started. I also need to start tamoxifen after I heal from surgery. Thankfully it is stage one so no chemo or radiation. The reconstruction part takes a long time and is very miserable/painful.
millsmom33
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 45 in June of 2011 when I found a lump in my left breast.  I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer in August.  Started chemo right away, had a lumpectomy in Nov, continued chemo.  Had radiation in April/May 2012, then more chemo.  I finished my last dose of herceptin in August of 2012.  I'm a survivor!!  God is so good!!

Dolphinz
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I've come a long way since being diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer on 02-15-2013.  It was an absolute miracle that it was even found since I had NO symptoms at all and it doesn't run on either side of my family.

I had a full time job and worked any where from 40-60hrs a week. It was an office type of job yet a production type of job at the same time (although they didn't tell any of us about the production part until after we'd been there for a year or so). It was December 4th, 2012. I was on a break and was walking from the break room to the kitchen area to throw something away. Somehow I managed to slip on the tile floor inbetween the two rooms. I didn't fall down, I caught myself. I was in a lot of pain, but managed to finish working the rest of the day. I did tell a supervisor about it and he said he'd ask around and see if anyone else was having issues with the floor. It was raining that day and there weren't any caution wet floor signs out.

The next day I was in worse pain and thought if I took the day off and rested I would be okay. I had hurt my back and my right hip pretty bad with the way I moved to catch myself to keep me from falling down. I was wrong, by the second day, I couldn't roll myself over to get out of bed. I knew something had to be seriously wrong with me. Something more than just a pulled or strained muscle. I called out of work again and called my mom and asked her to please come pick me up and take me to the ER ( I didn't have insurance cause I didn't make enough money to be able to afford our company insurance). She took me to local ER. They didn't do much in the way of helping me, told me it was just a pulled muscle and it would take time to heal. Gave me a prescription for some pain meds and sent me on my way.

Needless to say the pain NEVER got better. It just got progressively worse. I went back to the same ER and a few outpatient clinics over the next month and a half. They ALL kept saying the same thing. It's just a pulled muscle. They wouldn't run tests, take x-rays or do any blood work on me. By mid January of 2013, I lost my job over me having issues with my back. By February, I had become an invalid. Totally unable to get out of bed even to go to the bathroom or if I managed to scream through the excruciating pain, to stand up to walk to the bathroom, I was suddenly having accidents (incontinence issues) before I could get any where close to the bathroom.

I lived with roommates at the time who both worked full time jobs too. Late in the evening on February, 14th they had called an ambulance for me. I went to a different hospital that was just as close to where we lived as the first hospital I went to. I spent several hours in the ER. Waiting and waiting and waiting for test results. They did all kinds of X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, blood work and urine analysis.

By this time it had rolled over to a new day, February 15, 2013. I will NEVER forget the ER doctor coming into the room I was in to tell me it was cancer and was most likely breast cancer.

I've come along way since I was first diagnosed and since the first night I came home from the hospital. I still struggle with knowing I'm going to be disabled for the rest of my life, but it's better to be disabled than not being here at all. I just turned 41 earlier this month and I've made it past 6 months since I've been diagnosed. That in itself is a huge accomplishment to me. :)

alexisb3
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM

My mother is a survior and hers was caught early 4 years ago.I was tested for the breast cancer gene and had it.I decided to have both breasts removed having the breast reconstruction surgery done.

shadenn766
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this

best wishes and good health to you always...take care 

Quoting Dolphinz:

I've come a long way since being diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer on 02-15-2013.  It was an absolute miracle that it was even found since I had NO symptoms at all and it doesn't run on either side of my family.

I had a full time job and worked any where from 40-60hrs a week. It was an office type of job yet a production type of job at the same time (although they didn't tell any of us about the production part until after we'd been there for a year or so). It was December 4th, 2012. I was on a break and was walking from the break room to the kitchen area to throw something away. Somehow I managed to slip on the tile floor inbetween the two rooms. I didn't fall down, I caught myself. I was in a lot of pain, but managed to finish working the rest of the day. I did tell a supervisor about it and he said he'd ask around and see if anyone else was having issues with the floor. It was raining that day and there weren't any caution wet floor signs out.

The next day I was in worse pain and thought if I took the day off and rested I would be okay. I had hurt my back and my right hip pretty bad with the way I moved to catch myself to keep me from falling down. I was wrong, by the second day, I couldn't roll myself over to get out of bed. I knew something had to be seriously wrong with me. Something more than just a pulled or strained muscle. I called out of work again and called my mom and asked her to please come pick me up and take me to the ER ( I didn't have insurance cause I didn't make enough money to be able to afford our company insurance). She took me to local ER. They didn't do much in the way of helping me, told me it was just a pulled muscle and it would take time to heal. Gave me a prescription for some pain meds and sent me on my way.

Needless to say the pain NEVER got better. It just got progressively worse. I went back to the same ER and a few outpatient clinics over the next month and a half. They ALL kept saying the same thing. It's just a pulled muscle. They wouldn't run tests, take x-rays or do any blood work on me. By mid January of 2013, I lost my job over me having issues with my back. By February, I had become an invalid. Totally unable to get out of bed even to go to the bathroom or if I managed to scream through the excruciating pain, to stand up to walk to the bathroom, I was suddenly having accidents (incontinence issues) before I could get any where close to the bathroom.

I lived with roommates at the time who both worked full time jobs too. Late in the evening on February, 14th they had called an ambulance for me. I went to a different hospital that was just as close to where we lived as the first hospital I went to. I spent several hours in the ER. Waiting and waiting and waiting for test results. They did all kinds of X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, blood work and urine analysis.

By this time it had rolled over to a new day, February 15, 2013. I will NEVER forget the ER doctor coming into the room I was in to tell me it was cancer and was most likely breast cancer.

I've come along way since I was first diagnosed and since the first night I came home from the hospital. I still struggle with knowing I'm going to be disabled for the rest of my life, but it's better to be disabled than not being here at all. I just turned 41 earlier this month and I've made it past 6 months since I've been diagnosed. That in itself is a huge accomplishment to me. :)

shadenn766
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 2:43 PM

im 47, and a  2-time survivor...wishing you many years of good health

Quoting millsmom33:

I was 45 in June of 2011 when I found a lump in my left breast.  I was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer in August.  Started chemo right away, had a lumpectomy in Nov, continued chemo.  Had radiation in April/May 2012, then more chemo.  I finished my last dose of herceptin in August of 2012.  I'm a survivor!!  God is so good!!

teresaonline
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I'm Teresa 37 years old mother if 3, divorced and still single. I am currently fighting breast cancer I've had for almost a year in December. The scariest hardest year of my life, am so thankful to still be alive. I was at stage 4 Inflamatory Breast Cancer. I still have it no mastectomy will be done since it has spread to my bones. Originally had spread to my brain and spine but within a month or 2 my chemo with Gods help got rid of it for now, who's to say it won't come back, only God knows that. I have a head and chest port implanted so my infusion would be easier to take monthly. I went for so meta bone chemo today it was not bad at all, I just hope and pray not to get the nercrosis associated with the bone chemo zometa. Chemo/cancer suck we all know that, I'm just wondering why millions of women are suffering with this disease, now in the 21st century?? Jmo. Only God knows why. I just want it to go away!

emmygirl31
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:13 AM

My name is Angie-

I am also a breast cancer survivor. My diagnosis came out of the blue-no pain, no lumps. It was an annual mamogram that found it.  I had been going every year since I was 40 and at 46 it just happened. Turned out it was also in my lymph nodes-so I had a mastectomy, chemo, radiation, tamoxafin and femara.  Chemo took a toll on me physically.  I also have the neuropathy, weaker hair, chemo brain.  Not a day goes by that I dont worry it will come back.  If I get a headache I worry it is a brain tumor, a sore throat-throat cancer, a bruise is leukemia. I see a therapist specializing in cancer survivors now that is helping me.  I was diagnosed in 1999 and have been cancer free since 2000. 

MajorsTrouble
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I found my own breast lump and had a mammogram on 07/14 and two days learned that I had cancer.  By the end of the week I learned that it was Triple Negative Breast Cancer,  August 1 I started five months of chemo which will be followed by surgery.  I will end up having a double mastectomypink ribbon.  I lost my father to Alzheimer's three months back and have a mother who is in very bad health.  She is worried as are my husband and daughters.  Chemo has has not been horrible and for that I am thankful.  It was caught early and chemo is the best and most effective treatment for TNBC.  I plan to be a survivor!

Life is Good! Live it to the fullest!  happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)