Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

The Breast Cancer Awareness Group is a support group for everyone affected by breast cancer. Share your story and let us know how you are helping to fight breast cancer.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (61-70):
countrygirlkat
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Quoting copperswifey:

I have been donating to breast cancer research. I just bought one of the mom's at my school that is fighting breast cancer a gift card so she doesn't have to cook. I know she gets very tired and it's hard for her taking care of her 4 year old. I wear a bracelet that I never take off that says "No one ever fights alone!" I hope to be able to do a lot more in the upcoming years to help. :)

Where did you get the bracelet?  I would love to get one to wear too!

gacgbaker
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 4:16 PM

My grandmother had breast cancer a few years ago- I think bringing awareness to it and talking with friends to make sure we all get our regular exams is one of the most important things we can do.  

Madelaine
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Very inspiring stories!

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Although no one in my immediate family has had breast cancer, many in my family have been diagnosed with other forms of Cancer.  Not a day goes by that I don't wish for a cure.

Sisteract
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I know that this is BC awareness month and many have been affected, but sometimes I think other CAs are treated as second class citizens when it comes to donations and awareness- particularly lung cancer, which affects many women as well.

mrswillie
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Our local family owned restaurant sells pink desserts in October. It is usually desserts with meringue or cheesecake. 1/2 the cost gost to finding a cure. We eat there often.

carolina_gal
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Thank you all for sharing your stories. Although my immediate family has not been affected, a few of us have had scares. We are thankful that so much research is going into curing this disease.

carolina_gal
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:33 AM

hugs

Quoting futuremom2b:

Four months ago I lost my aunt to breast cancer. She was the closest thing to me after my mom died. She found out two months after my wedding in 2009 and two days before her house burned down. During her battle she was fired as a Elementary teacher in which she taught for over 20+ yrs. In May we took her to the doctor for pain in her legs and she was put in the hospital. There she developed a hole in her intestines and had to be cut open but she continued to fight. On June 7 she chose to go on. This month is very sensitive to me. I go thru so much and she was always there to help me and talk to me. The blessing for me was when she said, "It was getting harder to fight" but to know she fought for us lets me know that cancer did not defeat her.

bamababe1975
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM

I donate to the American Cancer Society since that helps with all cancers. Breast cancer doesn't run in my family but other kinds do.

bamababe1975
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:29 AM

It's good to hear that you're doing okay since your treatments. ((HUGS))

Quoting babyboomer1977:

I was diagnosed with carcinoma breast cancer!   I had to have a lumpy surgery on the 22nd of 2011 and than on January 30th I had my lphnoyds removed and It has been very hard on my husband and son! As for me! I stayed positive in a good way the whole time!  My husband has been very good at taking care of me even though he had to get himself laid off from his work for a long time to take care of me! He took me to all my doctors appoitments and my chemo appointments too! But the hardest thing that we have gone through is struggling to pay our utility bills on time! And we had to the the local food bank people deliver food to our house one time because we where so low on food !  I started my chemo therapy in febuary of this year and I finished my chemo therapy on may 24th on my husbands and my 19th anniversary which we never got to celebrate ! I Started my radiation therapy in the last week of June and finished in August of this year! And I have been doing good so far! My family and I have had a lot of hard times this year but we are still together! The only thing is I found out that the hormone pills that I have to take make my hot flashes make me feel like that I am burning up and they also create to much pain for me! But other than that! I am doing good so far!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)