Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

The Breast Cancer Awareness Group is a support group for everyone affected by breast cancer. Share your story and let us know how you are helping to fight breast cancer.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (71-80):
Bmat
by New Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll include her in my prayers.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My grandmother had a double masectomy and is now in remission.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her cancer doesn't come back.

Bmat
by New Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I am sorry.  Very sad.

Quoting KristinRox:

My husbands grandmother was a wonderfully sweet woman. She died of breast cancer about 5 years ago. It was a sad day for everyone who knew her. 

Bob192
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I can not imagine the pain in loosing someone to breast cancer.  My thoughts are with all of you!!

countrygirlkat
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Quoting gacgbaker:

My grandmother had breast cancer a few years ago- I think bringing awareness to it and talking with friends to make sure we all get our regular exams is one of the most important things we can do.  

I agree!  Everything I have heard says that early detection is the key. 

LancesMom
<-- So proud of my kid!!
Yesterday at 9:46 AM
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM
In a way I have been lucky. No one in my family has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Although a lot of my family has passed early due to heart disease, so maybe it is something not found at a younger age, in my family. I do get my yearly mammograms though. Just in case!
Kmakksmom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Thank you so much!

Quoting Bmat:

I'll include her in my prayers.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My grandmother had a double masectomy and is now in remission.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her cancer doesn't come back.

dusky_rose
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I wish I had a story to share (that sounds wrong). My mom had a lump in her breast, but it wasn't cancer, thankfully! I need to get on top of getting mammograms regularly again.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

NearSeattleMom
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM

A close friend of mine who has three young kids was diagnosed last year.  She's only in her thirties.  It's been a long year of treatment.  A bunch of us have done our best to be supportive to her.

LindaBRooks
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I am battling stage 4 breast cancer that has metastasized to my spine, liver and hip. I've been in and out of the hospital due to bad side effects to different chemos. I've had at least 5 different chemos and radiation. Am on Xeloda right now and about the only side effect so far is tiredness. I've had an ulcer problem as well, Had my 3rd EGD last week and the ulcer is 95% gone! yay! I;ve ha Vertebroplasty where they inject a cement into your spine to strengthen fractures. That was fun! My last trip to the hospital was a month long. I had an infection due to the port I had. I pretty much lost all the vitamins/minerals in my body.. So they removed the port after 2 weeks of tests to figure out what was wrong with me. Also implanted a Pic-line so I'd have enough IV lines! Except for the vertebroplasty and EGD, I've pretty much just seen the oncologist this past month, so am doing better! Lost the use of my legs, too, so have had to work on strengthening them as well, but making progress, Was diagnosed May 2010, so it's been kind of a long journey, but I'm battling on.

This is my updated story! :)

Linda

LuLuRex
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM

My friend is a breast cancer survivor. She was diagnosed when she was 26 years old and had a 2 year old son. She is such an inspiration!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)