Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

The Breast Cancer Awareness Group is a support group for everyone affected by breast cancer. Share your story and let us know how you are helping to fight breast cancer.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (81-90):
Cafe Beth
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Wow - 5 is a lot. I'm so glad they survived!

Quoting Sisteract:

I am a nurse working in a large Nicu- one year we had 5 nurses who contracted and survived BC- over the years, many dozen have been affected.

LancesMom
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I will too! Hugs!

Quoting Bmat:

I'll include her in my prayers.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My grandmother had a double masectomy and is now in remission.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her cancer doesn't come back.

LancesMom
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Hugs! I am sorry for his loss.

Quoting Bmat:

I am sorry.  Very sad.

Quoting KristinRox:

My husbands grandmother was a wonderfully sweet woman. She died of breast cancer about 5 years ago. It was a sad day for everyone who knew her. 

LancesMom
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I just remembered two stories, of friends of mine whom I worked with years and years ago. A teacher my son had in second grade lost his wife to cancer leaving him with 4 young kids. He is such a strong man but it was so sad to watch him go through this.

I also lost a friend I worked next to for many yrs from breast cancer. She was so young a funny. The greatest sense of humor though out the cancer but it came back and finally took her from us.

itsblissmas
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Awww, that's gotta be tough. I hope it doesn't come back either.

fingers crossed

Quoting LancesMom:

I will too! Hugs!

Quoting Bmat:

I'll include her in my prayers.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My grandmother had a double masectomy and is now in remission.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her cancer doesn't come back.

amonkeymom
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

My family has been lucky that we've not been touched by breast cancer (knock on wood) though there have been other cancers in the family which have metastisized into various other areas of the body, including the breasts.

I did have a physical therapist share her experience with me once though.  She was in recovery and doing vey well. 

gacgbaker
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM

My husbands cousin has fought cancer twice- an amazing woman!

Bmat
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Very sad stories. :(

Quoting LancesMom:

I just remembered two stories, of friends of mine whom I worked with years and years ago. A teacher my son had in second grade lost his wife to cancer leaving him with 4 young kids. He is such a strong man but it was so sad to watch him go through this.

I also lost a friend I worked next to for many yrs from breast cancer. She was so young a funny. The greatest sense of humor though out the cancer but it came back and finally took her from us.

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

i'm glad to hear she is a survivor!

Quoting 4kidz916:

My mother is a breast cancer survivor.  She was diagnosed in 1985, had a masectomy, took chemo, and has been cancer free ever since.  She's had a few scares over the years from things showing up on her mammograms but they've turned out to be nothing. 

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

wow!  so sad she had to go through it twice

Quoting gacgbaker:

My husbands cousin has fought cancer twice- an amazing woman!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN