Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

The Breast Cancer Awareness Group is a support group for everyone affected by breast cancer. Share your story and let us know how you are helping to fight breast cancer.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Replies (91-100):
Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

So sad, I sure hope she keeps fighting and is able to get through it!

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

A close friend of mine who has three young kids was diagnosed last year.  She's only in her thirties.  It's been a long year of treatment.  A bunch of us have done our best to be supportive to her.

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I am so sorry to hear that!

Quoting Frannylove12:

My big sister(of 2 years) from the Big Brothers and Big Sisters program was a lovely woman very dear to me. She was truly like a big sister and I loved her as such. Dont recall when she was diagnosed, but tried her best to keep me from knowing the whole story. She just told me she had it but it would be removed and be fine. A month later I discovered she was gone by simply picking up the daily paper that morning. I was crushed. I miss her! Always and forever love my big sister Monica Gotz. <3

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

that is great news!

Quoting datssumsheet:

two of my aunt's are breast cancer survivors :)  One has been cancer free almost 5 years and the other almost 2 years :)

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

My hubby's grandmother is a survivor!

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

A classmate of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple years ago, she was in her 20's at the time.

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

it's great that they are helping!  and so are you by eating there :-)

Quoting mrswillie:

Our local family owned restaurant sells pink desserts in October. It is usually desserts with meringue or cheesecake. 1/2 the cost gost to finding a cure. We eat there often.

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

I hope for a FULL recovery for you!  Take Care...

Quoting babyboomer1977:

I was diagnosed with carcinoma breast cancer!   I had to have a lumpy surgery on the 22nd of 2011 and than on January 30th I had my lphnoyds removed and It has been very hard on my husband and son! As for me! I stayed positive in a good way the whole time!  My husband has been very good at taking care of me even though he had to get himself laid off from his work for a long time to take care of me! He took me to all my doctors appoitments and my chemo appointments too! But the hardest thing that we have gone through is struggling to pay our utility bills on time! And we had to the the local food bank people deliver food to our house one time because we where so low on food !  I started my chemo therapy in febuary of this year and I finished my chemo therapy on may 24th on my husbands and my 19th anniversary which we never got to celebrate ! I Started my radiation therapy in the last week of June and finished in August of this year! And I have been doing good so far! My family and I have had a lot of hard times this year but we are still together! The only thing is I found out that the hormone pills that I have to take make my hot flashes make me feel like that I am burning up and they also create to much pain for me! But other than that! I am doing good so far!

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

that is wonderful!

Quoting mickstinator:

Thankfully, I have had little first-hand involvement with a family member or friend having breast cancer, although my grandmother was a breast cancer survivor. She had a double mastectomy before I knew her. She lived to her early 90s, decades after diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. I was always very proud of the fight in her. 

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

These stories are so sad!  So many people are affected.  I truly hope for a cure!  Not only for Breast Cancer, but for ALL Cancers!

Kainalu55
by on Oct. 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I hope for a full recovery for her!

Quoting Bmat:

I'll include her in my prayers.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

My grandmother had a double masectomy and is now in remission.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her cancer doesn't come back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN