Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

new to group and scared

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello, My name is Kate. I am a mom to two little boys, aged 5 and 1.5, I am also wife to my HS sweetheart. We have been married for 7 years. I have no one in my family who has had breast cancer, however a family friend of ours is currently fighting it. 

I joined this group because I have had some symptoms that have concerned clinic doctors that I can go to, however I do not have insurance to get the mamagram or other diagnostic things done to find out if I have it or not. I am scared, the concern in the doctors voice and googling my symptoms only made it worse. I am waiting on paperwork from The American Cancer Society on help to pay for a diagnostic mamagram.

I can't think of anything else....ask me anything.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:06 PM

If you are lower income you can get MA or medical assistance from the state/county etc I would try all of those places they may be able to help you since you have these problems.. I hope all goes well good luck!

signingmama2915
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I have checked out everything I have found. The satae/county stuff is only for women 40 and over. I am not even 30 yet. I have found a program from one of the cancer societies that I am working on getting help to pay for it. we will see. I won't know anything until at least the 15th.

Thanks.

carolasaya
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Where do you live? When I called the American Cancer society an asked for help, they redirected me to a non profit organization and they have been doing mammograms, sonograms and even biopsies at no cost.
Good luck sweetie, and keep positives thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
signingmama2915
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I live in northern California. I was directed to a non profit that pays for part of a mammogram but they didn't say how much. And I sent my paperwork in last week and still have heard nothing from them I have to follow up tomorrow. from speaking to two different organizations I am too young to get on any program that does it for free. Who.knew being too young would be a problem in this day and age.

Thank you.

Quoting carolasaya:

Where do you live? When I called the American Cancer society an asked for help, they redirected me to a non profit organization and they have been doing mammograms, sonograms and even biopsies at no cost.

Good luck sweetie, and keep positives thoughts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolasaya
by Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Why don't you call? Last week I actually went to the nonprofit organization that has been helping me all this time (because I had to reapply every year) and when I talk to the lady there she rushed to make a few phone calls and authorized my sonogram. I hope you get your tests soon. Take care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
signingmama2915
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM
My aunt is going to help an pay for me to get private health insurance until I am done with my BA and can get a good job (January). So I will be calling later today to apply for.health insurance.

Thank you.

Quoting carolasaya:

Why don't you call? Last week I actually went to the nonprofit organization that has been helping me all this time (because I had to reapply every year) and when I talk to the lady there she rushed to make a few phone calls and authorized my sonogram. I hope you get your tests soon. Take care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busygramma4
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Kate it's me Maryann from Angels. Have you even tried the Breast Cancer Society it self? They have a program for free mammograms. Idk what they criteria is but look into it. Need a friend? I'm here

signingmama2915
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM
Thanks. I called around and followed all kinds of referrals I don't remember where all I called. However my situation has changed a little. My Mom's cousin who is like an aunt to me is going to.pay for me to get really good healthcare until I finish my BA and get a good job. She is an Angel!

Thanks, I can always use a friend :)

Quoting busygramma4:

Kate it's me Maryann from Angels. Have you even tried the Breast Cancer Society it self? They have a program for free mammograms. Idk what they criteria is but look into it. Need a friend? I'm here

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
busygramma4
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

when you want to talk just email me and if you want to exchange and other contact info just let me know. I'm very willing to do that

Quoting signingmama2915:

Thanks. I called around and followed all kinds of referrals I don't remember where all I called. However my situation has changed a little. My Mom's cousin who is like an aunt to me is going to.pay for me to get really good healthcare until I finish my BA and get a good job. She is an Angel!

Quoting busygramma4:

signingmama2915
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Thanks!

Quoting busygramma4:

when you want to talk just email me and if you want to exchange and other contact info just let me know. I'm very willing to do that

Quoting signingmama2915:

Quoting busygramma4:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN