Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Painting Pumpkins for Breast Cancer Awareness

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:21 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Even families who have small children can participate in breast cancer awareness.  For the Go Pink! Blog Hop, I wanted to tell my oldest child, 3.5 years old, a very brief explanation that she could understand about what breast cancer means.  Since she is so young, she would not understand the technical explanations.  I simply told her that breast cancer is a bad sickness that people can get.  I also told her that big girls like mommy and grandma should check themselves at home for signs that they may have this illness.  She asked if they have to go to the doctor because they are sick, and I said yes, they do have to see a doctor if they are sick.  I also told her that if they noticed any signs, they should go to the doctor who will do more tests and exams to see if they are sick or not.  She did understand the basics of this.

Her favorite color is pink so when I told her a lot of people wear pink, accessorize with pink, decorate with pink, etc. to help raise awareness about this illness, she was excited that I had a project planned for her!  We went to Walton Farms recently, so we used her pumpkin to paint it pink. Afterward we attached a pink ribbon in the way the breast cancer awareness ribbon looks like to the front of her pumpkin.  I thought it was a great idea to incorporate our fall activities with the breast cancer awareness.

http://www.homelearningjourney.com/go-pink-painting-pumpkins-for-breast-cancer-awareness/

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
signingmama2915
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM
How neat
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deesam
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 3:17 PM

good 

HiDi
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

BUMP!

batjmom
by Group Mod on Oct. 23, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Thats great

MamaCandy79
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM

That is awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN