Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Uncertainty UPDATED 12/10 UPDATED AGAIN! 12/12

Posted by   + Show Post
I am 29 years old. I have two boys. Zackary is 4 and Alex is 22 months. I found a lump in my left breast. My doctor suspected it was just a fluid filled cyst but, sent me for an ultrasound anyway. It was not a cyst. It is a solid mass. I go for a biopsy on December 10th. It is an ultrasound guided biopsy. The doctors gave me the step by step but, I want to hear from someone who has actually been through it.

UPDATE 12/10: It wasn't too bad! It's starting to sting a little now that the lidocaine is wearing off. The hardest part was keeping still and having my arm bent up for so long. My shoulder is a little sore now. They said we should have results in 2-5 days. Thank you for your support, ladies! I'm so glad I knew what to look forward to.

UPDATE 12/12/12: This really is a lucky day! The results came in today and my lump is benign! I have been thanking GOD all day. Thank you to all of you incredible ladies for your support!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Replies (11-15):
hisirishrose
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Yay!!!Super happy for you and your family:)
hisirishrose
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Yay!!!Super happy for you and your family:)
sanibelblueyezz
by Member on Dec. 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Congratulations on your good news! Keep being proactive though.
taniamorse85
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I'm so glad it was benign!  What a relief!

Bmat
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Thank you for the update. I am so happy for you!

Quoting Rebecca7708:

I am 29 years old. I have two boys. Zackary is 4 and Alex is 22 months. I found a lump in my left breast. My doctor suspected it was just a fluid filled cyst but, sent me for an ultrasound anyway. It was not a cyst. It is a solid mass. I go for a biopsy on December 10th. It is an ultrasound guided biopsy. The doctors gave me the step by step but, I want to hear from someone who has actually been through it.

UPDATE 12/10: It wasn't too bad! It's starting to sting a little now that the lidocaine is wearing off. The hardest part was keeping still and having my arm bent up for so long. My shoulder is a little sore now. They said we should have results in 2-5 days. Thank you for your support, ladies! I'm so glad I knew what to look forward to.

UPDATE 12/12/12: This really is a lucky day! The results came in today and my lump is benign! I have been thanking GOD all day. Thank you to all of you incredible ladies for your support!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN