Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

I'm so scared going for my 2nd breast ultrasound :(

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok so two months ago to be exact  October 10th I went for my first mammogram and breast ultrasound . The reason I went is because I get some pain under my left arm, no lumps or anything. Well the mammogram as far as the Radiologist is concerned is fine but the Ultrasound she noticed that the area of pain is my lymph node. The report says that it's normal in size and everything and that its a probable benign reactive lymph node to follow up shortly 4 to 8 weeks after. Well tomorrow I go for my follow up and I'm terrified I'm so scared, I know I shouldn't be until they give me something to worry about but it's hard. I'm 31 years old, I did have an ultrasound for the same reason about 4-5 years ago but that one was completely normal. I have since October stopped wearing deodorant as much as I use to, I now wear baby powder it has felt better but I still get a little pain and the feeling of it being a little swelled but it doesn't look swelled. Have any of you experienced this before? If so what was the outcome it would really help me out quite a lot to hear of your experiences..... I am married 15 years and a mother of three 13, 9, and 2. I could use all the support I get get right now :(

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Dakee
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Prayers that this too will be nothing to worry about and will resolve itself!  hugs

busygramma4
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Just wondering how you made out?

mommyivy25
by New Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I went today and the radiologist told me that it just looks like a reactive lymph node to follow up in six months. I'm really scared though Like what if they are missing something? I know I need to calm down but sometimes it's hard. Thank u for asking 

Quoting busygramma4:

busygramma4
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM

It's always hard living on fear. You can always go for a second opinion. Try to remember none of us know our future so you just need to try and live one day at a time through those 6 months and just monitor for any changes that may arise. Keep in touch. :)

Quoting mommyivy25:

I went today and the radiologist told me that it just looks like a reactive lymph node to follow up in six months. I'm really scared though Like what if they are missing something? I know I need to calm down but sometimes it's hard. Thank u for asking 

Quoting busygramma4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)