Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

my mom (update)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

My mom has a lump that's been bothering her. At first she thought it was a muscle or something...but finally went to the doctor on Monday. They sent her for a mammogram & ultrasound Thursday. She goes for a biopsy next Monday. The doctor actually called today, on a Saturday, to talk to her. They're already talking about surgery/chemo even though the biopsy hasn't been done yet. I guess it has spread to at least one lymph node. She also says her breast is red and swollen. I know we won't know more til after test results, but I'm really worried and thinking the worst :(

update 12/27

She has been diagnosed with grade 3 cancer.  We have an appt. wth surgeon on 31st.  She's having a mastectomy & chemo...we also have a scan schedule to look for further spreading =(

by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
busygramma4
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM
If it's spread to lymph nodes, it doesn't sound good. Biopsy is prb being done to see what type it is to treat it properly. But don't lose hope, it can be still be treated hopefully. I will remember you two in my prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Thank you

Quoting busygramma4:

If it's spread to lymph nodes, it doesn't sound good. Biopsy is prb being done to see what type it is to treat it properly. But don't lose hope, it can be still be treated hopefully. I will remember you two in my prayers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sanibelblueyezz
by Member on Dec. 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I don't know how they can tell her it had spread without any tests. I think they are making her worry unnecessarily. I'm glad she's getting herself checked out. The editing is the hardest part. Good luck to your mom.
PinkParadox
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM
You could see the spreading on the ulltrasound...

Quoting sanibelblueyezz:

I don't know how they can tell her it had spread without any tests. I think they are making her worry unnecessarily. I'm glad she's getting herself checked out. The editing is the hardest part. Good luck to your mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Too bad mom didn't go get check out sooner. Hope she be ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busygramma4
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I'm sorry for your update. if you need a place to vent let me know and I'll listen. My sister had breast cancer too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)