Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Very sad Christmas for me...UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post
I got a call from my doctor a few days before Christmas. I knew that I hadn't been feeling good for months, so she ran a bunch of tests. Well, the results came back that I now have a form of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My breast cancer has not returned that we know of, so now I have to have more scans and a bone marrow biopsy after the first of the year for staging. I am exhausted, hurting and scared of having to go through chemo all over again :-(

When I talked with my oncologist, she said that it is likely a complication following the intense radiation therapy I had almost 2 years ago for the breast cancer.

We haven't told many of our family members yet...I need to get to a point where I can think about it without crying. We haven't told our 4 year old DD yet....if I don't have to have chemo I don't know that I will. I want to enjoy my time with her while she is still innocent of this knowledge. She thinks mommy is all better and I just can't face telling her that mommy has cancer AGAIN :-(

I knew this was a risk going into the radiation treatment and thought I would get to be one of the lucky ones that it didn't happen to.

I just feel so sad and lost. And scared. Soooo scared :-(

UPDATE: I had a nice visit with my oncologist and she told me that though she cannot definitively say that I don't have lymphoma, she is not concerned about it at this time. She wants me to redo my labs and CT scan in March to see if there are any changes. She will be doing a bone marrow biopsy in six months if my labs it changed and it is warranted. I see this is very good news and it is a very big relief for me and my family! Thank you ladies for all the prayers and positive vibes!
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Replies (11-12):
elfling811
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Thank you ladies!  I will definitely update after I see my oncologist on Thursday.  I am mentally prepared to have chemo again and would rather just get started on it so I can be done by the time DD starts Kindy in the Fall.

hopealways4019
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)