Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Is this normal?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 1 Replies

I have been on tomoxefin since June. For the first 3 months I had terrible hot flashes and no period. After 3 months of hot flashes they went away thankfully. Then at the end of October the hot flashes returned. Shortly after that I had a period. I have been having regular periods since then. I always start with the hot flashes a few days before my period and a few days after. but this month has been so different. The hot flashes are worse than ever and I have night sweats so bad that I can't sleep. I feel so tired all of the time. My period stopped two weeks ago and the hot flashes are still happening. I fear that it's because my hormones must be doing something crazy and it's going to make my cancer return somewhere. I had a double mastectomy but I have been having pain under both arms and in my left breast(the one that didn't have cancer) Also my allergies acted up really bad before I was diagnoses. My allergist said there is a direct coorilation between hormones and allergies. And now, even in the middle of winter my allergies are acting up. It just sucks because I have no idea what is going on inside my body. All they tell you to do at this point is to look for symptoms....not all cancers have symptoms. Maybe what I am experiencing now are symptoms?? anyone ever experience any of this?

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sanibelblueyezz
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Hi, have you told anyone about the pain under your arms. That could be lymph nodes. Please have yourself checked out. Better safe than sorry. Good luck. Marilyn
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)