Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Looking for support...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 2 Replies

A bit of background: My mom found a lump during a self exam. She is pre menopausal and will be 50 in March. She had a mamogram, then an ultrasound then she went on to have a biopsy. All of this she did "secrectly" during the holidays. When she was diagnosed with infiltrating ductal carcinoma grade 2 ER&PR+, she finally told us. She was told on Friday and had a lumpectomy the following week. They took a tangerine size piece of tissue and 6-12 nodes. She spent the night in the hosptial on extended observation. She had a drain tube for over a week that is now gone.

My mother's surgeon refused to "stage" her cancer saying it was "misleading". After her lumpectomy they told her numbers like this: T1N3M0. I understand T is for tumor N is for nodes and M is for mastisized (spread). The week of the 18th she will be meeting with the surgeon for follow up, her chiropractor and the oncologist (1st visit ). We expect to be told she will require chemo, radiation and hormone drugs.

We want to beat this nutritionally and naturally we can seem to find much support for that, especially from extended family. Is the only way to be considered "cancer free" to do taditional treatments?

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hopealways4019
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I lost my 10 yr old son too cancer. I believe the chemotherapy and other drugs did him in. That was my first experience with lukemia. Now looking back, wish I had choose alternative treatment, natural ,etc. Doctors really don't have all the answers. But do your research. Follow your own gut, don't let others decide for you. Also seek second, or even third opinions. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FebPenguins
by Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

im sorry

Quoting hopealways4019:

I lost my 10 yr old son too cancer. I believe the chemotherapy and other drugs did him in. That was my first experience with lukemia. Now looking back, wish I had choose alternative treatment, natural ,etc. Doctors really don't have all the answers. But do your research. Follow your own gut, don't let others decide for you. Also seek second, or even third opinions. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN