Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My question.

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM
  • 1 Replies
OK, I have fibrocystic breasts. I find lumps constantly.Recently, my left breast in the arm pit region was really tender.I felt and my lymph node was swollen and tender. There is a lump that isn't symmetrical. But it's only slightly tender. Then my nipple in that breast started stinging then burning. Last night it was so bad I was grabbing my breast trying to get relief.

I'm 28 and on a estrogen patch, even though I've been off it for couple weeks. I am in surgical menopause. I also have systemic lupus and fibromyalgia.

I was supposed to have a second mammogram a couple months ago but kept getting sick due to lupus and haven't.Any advice? Insight? Experiences? Thanks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
taniamorse85
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I have FCBs as well, though most of my lumps are quite small.  Last year, I found a much larger (about the size of a lemon and seemed to show up overnight) lump that was asymmetrical, with occasional pain.  Never something major, just a minute or so, then it's gone.  Anyway, I had my doctor check it, and she was concerned enough to order an ultrasound (I'm 27, and mammos are not always as accurate in younger women).  It just didn't feel, in her opinion, like a cyst.  It did turn out to be a cluster of cysts, fortunately.

Especially with your history of cysts, I would recommend getting an ultrasound of the lump.  If it's not a cyst, it will be easier for the doctor to differentiate between it and any cysts around it.  Also, the stinging and burning is definitely concerning.  Other than a mass, it could also possibly be a plugged duct or mastitis.

I hope you can get this figured out soon.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)