Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

question about hormones

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

grandmother had her surgery, she had soem problems with it but nothing too terribly major other than the way it healed up, they are going to have to go back make another incision and relay the skin and hope it heals right this time, she was allergic to the plastic they used for the drainage tubing, however she i swanting to know how long she will have to be on hormone therapy? is this somehting she is going to have to take forever? we've tried calling the dr office but hasnt returned our calls yet and she will not be seeing him till mid june. ty for any help you can offer, i dont remeber what the med is called but its a male one as she had to much estrogen.

My blog Hearth-n-Home My webstore Moonrise Miracles  and last but nto least my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/Witchwood  

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kcgryhound
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM

First I have to say is tell Grandma to keep up the good fight.  Now as far as the hormone therapy, I know that I was told I was to be on it for five years on one type and possibly longer with another one.  Good luck and God bless!

Spiritrunner
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:16 PM

she said ty and wanted to know how long it fells like you have a band around her chest like a giant rubber band around her where she had her lymph glands removed and also where the drain tubes were

ltajik
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
My chest was tight for awhile and my underarm where the nodes were taken burned for a while and then was numb. The tightness will ease up. Did she have a mastectomy? If so is she doing reconstruction?
Hormone therapy will be five plus yrs depending on the type and stage of the cancer. New studies are showing great results with ten yrs of hormone therapy. This is new and not all docs are doing this. Sending my best to her and you. She is is very lucky to have you.
Spiritrunner
by New Member on May. 13, 2013 at 11:58 AM

yes she had a mastectomy but no she is not having reconstruction she was fitted for a prosthetic however, it healed funny and still doesnt look right but much better, ty for the responses its reasuring her she isnt the onyl one goig through this or that has gone through this.

My blog Hearth-n-Home My webstore Moonrise Miracles  and last but nto least my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/Witchwood  

babyboomer1977
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM

The hormone pills are for five years to take!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN