Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

New here,a survivior

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM
  • 4 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hello,I am Angelica and I am a 34 year old breast cancer survivior.I was very lucky,it was caught in the very early stages.My mother is a breast cancer survivior too and we beat this together.Luckily the support was there,my fiance Jason including my father,my 2 kids, family and friends.I have learned young women can get it too.

by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
millsmom33
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

That's great!  I'm also a survivor!  I was 45 when I found a lump in my left breast June of 2011.  Had chemo, radiation, and lumpectomy.  Finished my last dose of herceptin in August of 2012!  

ltajik
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Congrats to you. Have you been tested for the brca gene since your mother also had it.
angelicav12
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I was tested when I was 20,I have it.I was tested after my Aunt Bobbi was diagnosed with it,she survived too going through the treatment.My Aunt Bobbi is my mother's sister.

ltajik
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer in 09 at the age of 49.  I do not carry the gene and unfortunately they do not know what fuels this type of cancer.  Went through bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction and 4 cycles of taxotere and cytoxan.  I also have crohns disease.  But I am here living my life I should say my new life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)