Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ITS BAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
Hello, I was diagnosed with invasive ducal carcinoma December 2011. I had a double mastectomy and 4 rounds of chemo. I have been on tomoxifen for a year. Last week I found out that I am have allocal recurrence in my remaining breast tissue in the space between. You armpit amd my breast. I am devastated by this news. I had a bone scan yesterday and i. Having a ct scan tomorrow. I'm really scared about the ct scan because I hear so many people have a problem with iv contrast. If my scans come back clear then we will schedule surgery. Once pathology comes back we decide on chemo or radiation or possibly neither. I really praying for no more chemo. My hair finally looks cute:-) and i got really sick during my last chemo. Anyone had a local recurrence lile this so soon after stopping treatment? I'm so angry and sad at the same time. I'm only 37 years old amd I have two small children. None of this seems very fair. I thought i kicked cancers ass.... But i guess it wasn't done with me yet.
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
2curly
by Member on Jul. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM

That stinks I am so sorry.  Good luck with the CT scan.  I am sending you positive vibes.  I wish you well. 

kcgryhound
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Prayers being sent your way.  Hope everything comes out alright.pink ribbon

hopealways4019
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:06 AM
I wish my son had kick cancer ass, but you can still win.
TinaNicu
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. Don't give up hope! I had ILC and had my mastectomies in June. There hasn't been time for a recurrence yet. (Hugs)
shadenn766
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM

sorry,but  just keep praying and fighting

ltajik
by Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Praying for you. Do you know what type of tumor er positive etc, I have known many women who have had a reoccurrence to go on and live happy lives cancer free. Yes it is devastating however you are on top of it. I am a triple negative survivor 4.5yrs now when they gave me little chance. I
LauraOR
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

That sucks! I think you've gone through enough, I'm sorry this isn't over for you!  Be strong. Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)