Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

BONE METS

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 3 Replies
A few days ago I found out that my cancer has spread to my hips and spine. I'm scared to death. I don't have to do chemo which is good. I'm only 37 so thry have to shut off my ovaries. I'm still trying to decide if I want to have them removed or the the monthly shot to shut them down. Its a hard decision . I'm just so scared because everything I've read says the life expectancy is 10-20 years. I would like to live way longer than 47 or 57. Anyone been through this? Any advice?
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ltajik
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:18 PM

So sorry to hear this.  May I ask what were your symptoms? I was diagnosed with triple negative in 09 and am having extreme back and hip pain.  Just scares me to death also. 

What treatment will they do?

Sending hugs and prayers.

Dolphinz
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I was diagnosed with stage 4 Breast Cancer on February 15th of this year. By the time they found my cancer, it had already metastized to my bones. I'm so sorry that you are going through this!!! I'm on tamoxifen (oral form of chemo) to help keep my cancer from spreading but also to push me through menopause. I know it's hard and scary. I just turned 41 earlier this month. The statistics for me, from what I read aren't as long as yours. From what I read, mine is only 5 years and most don't survive as long as I have especially at the stage that they found mine. If it were me, I would opt for having them removed all together just to be on the safe side. As a matter of fact, my oncologist wants me to eventually have that procedure done as soon as we can get my spine/back pain at a tolerable level. If you want to live longer than 47 to 57 years, then just believe that you will and fight it the best that you can! :)

shadenn766
by on Sep. 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM

best wishes to all of you ladies...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)