Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yet another pet scan…

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM
  • 1 Replies
I had my oncology checkup today and she found two enlarged lymph nodes one above my neck in-line with the clavicle and the other one is in my right armpit. She wants an immediate pet scan to see what's going on. She said that those are the two most current places for it to come back if it is recurring.

I'm trying to be optimistic that might just be a virus passing through my system I am pretty tired lately but there are a couple of sores on my body that are taking weeks that on other people would take just a few days to heal. So I don't know what to think.

I asked her about doing a CT scan and she said that she wanted to go directly to the pet scan because any cancer they find in a pet scan lights up like a tiny little shining star in the scan results. Then if that happens, I can start chemo right away.

Thoughts ladies?
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Dolphinz
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Im hoping all is well with you! Im afraid I couldnt give advice on this as Im still fairly new to it. I dont know what a pet scan is or at least I havent heard of one... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers though...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)