Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

just was told i needed a breast surgeon ?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

they found two lumps in my left breast and had a mammogram/ultra sound which made me have a biopsy on the two lumps. which i was told they were fibroadenoma breast lumps. they also found two more lumps they want to watch for 24 months.. that was last month and today i get a call saying the have scheduleed me an appt for a breast surgeon. why would i need to go to one for anyone have any ideas?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LIMom1105
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Did you get your biopsy reports? If not, ask for them and ask why these lumps need to be surgically removed. I'd get another opinion also.

I'm sorry, I don't know much about your condition, but isn't that usually benign?
2curly
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Sorry I am not really sure. I am surprised that they didn't tell you something more. 

Good luck and let us know. 

lorililly
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM

the lady that gave me the biopsy said they don't need to be removed.i go though the cancer screening program and they called me and gave me the appointments.anything that needs to be done they make my appointments for me.

Tinabunny
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Ask, your doctor.    It will save you a lot of worry, and stress.      (((hugs))))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN