Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Scarfs

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
My mom is starting to loose her hair well she needs some head scarfs. Where do u get them? Besides online?
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Dolphinz
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM

She might be able to get them through her oncologist or they may know where you can order  or buy them from... When I was doing radiation treatments, my radiologists office had books and magazines out where you could order wigs, scarfs, hats with hair, breast forms and bras and camisoles for people that have had mastectomies, but hadn't had reconstructive surgery yet... Found a link for it online it's http://www.tlcdirect.org/Default.aspx. I personally don't know of any general department stores that sell the scarves, but ask her oncologist cause they may know of somewhere...

Nora_A
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Beaubeau's are a beautiful, but expensive option. You can order them online, or the website lists retailers that carry them.  

Most major cancer centers will have a gift shop that offers a variety of scarves, caps and wraps for purchase. 

I was cheap and went to stores like Ardene's that sell inexpensive accessories. I bought several really large square scarves at three for fifteen dollars. I would fold the scarf into a triangle then fold it over a bit more to make a band. I would place the scarf over my head, and bring the two points down to the nape of my neck, and tie it tightly over top of the third point. FRom there I either left it as is, with the points dangling down, or if I wanted to be fancy, I would bring them back up to the top, tie them at the top of my head, then wrap the ends back down to create a rope effect. Everywhere I went, I got complements on my scarves.  should emphasize that the scarves I used were almost large enough to be shawls. 

The picture that I am including shows me chemo pal, Nikki in a pale blue beaubeau, and me in one of my wrapped scarves. 

shadenn766
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM

you can check a beauty supply store, or a department store

target has nice scarves and so does dots (not sure if you all have that store)

shadenn766
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM

you all are some gorgeous girls..god bless the both of you

Quoting Nora_A:

Beaubeau's are a beautiful, but expensive option. You can order them online, or the website lists retailers that carry them.  

Most major cancer centers will have a gift shop that offers a variety of scarves, caps and wraps for purchase. 

I was cheap and went to stores like Ardene's that sell inexpensive accessories. I bought several really large square scarves at three for fifteen dollars. I would fold the scarf into a triangle then fold it over a bit more to make a band. I would place the scarf over my head, and bring the two points down to the nape of my neck, and tie it tightly over top of the third point. FRom there I either left it as is, with the points dangling down, or if I wanted to be fancy, I would bring them back up to the top, tie them at the top of my head, then wrap the ends back down to create a rope effect. Everywhere I went, I got complements on my scarves.  should emphasize that the scarves I used were almost large enough to be shawls. 

The picture that I am including shows me chemo pal, Nikki in a pale blue beaubeau, and me in one of my wrapped scarves. 

shadenn766
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM

o and good luck to your mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)