Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

juat diagnosised w mbc

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 4 Replies
My mother went in for a tumor biopsy on Thursday. She broke her femur while walking on Friday. At the er I kept yelling, " she didn't fall". I knew there was something wrong. The doctor listened to me though. He asked her about the breast cancer. They held off on pinning the break until get did scans. She has a amazing drs that we are happy with. The scans showed 3 infected lymphnodes and spots on her hip/spine/skull/shoulder. There were other spots of concern that would.not show up well with the contrast on the comp screen. The oncologist is reviewing everything before he gives a exact stage, level, etc.
I don't know what to say to her. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to help her. She is numb when it comes to it. She has lost 6 family members to cancer over the years. We have had long talks about what she wants and I know she doesn't want to lie down and take it. I know she knows better.
I have been trying to stay in touch with her immediate.family, but I feel like I am causing them undue stress.
I have been on the phone for.the last 2 hours finding hospitals she can go to. How does in home care work, etc.
I don't want her to go, but I want to make any time that she does have happy time! Even if I have to spend the next 10 years by her side telling her all the bad jokes that she likes :)
Cancer sucks and I hate it :(
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Montylyn
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh sweetie your pst made me cry..it must be so hard for you seeing your mother sick...my heart goes out to you and I wish your mom will last for a long time. Keep doing what you are doing to keep her spirits up....huggies, Linda 

2curly
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your mom.  It is very kind and thoughtful of you to do all that work, calling places and family.  I bet she really appreciates it.  Stay strong and definitely keep her spirits up.  I am sending you and her positive thoughts and prayers and hugs.  

hugs

kcgryhound
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Oh I don't know what to say to you, my heart goes out to you and your family.  It's hard to wait to see what the doctor's will say, hang in there they will give you some idea what to do for your Mom.  I only wish I had had family like you when I was diagnosed.  Your Mom is a lucky woman to have you as her daughter.  God bless you and your Mom.

Dolphinz
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I'm so sorry for your mom's diagnosis. Just be there for her when she needs you. Make her laugh as much as you can. Anything you can do at all to help her take her mind off of it and feel human is a huge plus! You can ask her oncologist about in home care... They can usually recommend or suggest someone for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)