Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Cancer Awareness Group Breast Cancer Awareness Group

can anyone help me under stand this process better

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 7:55 AM
  • 7 Replies
so I've posted before that my husband had a lump under his nipple and he has an appointment next week over it. well the lump is growing and I'm kinda freaking out. like its swollen enough to see it when he was wearing two shirts yesterday. well anyways I at Friday thought we would know something next week but the more I think about iti feel like he's going to go to the doctor and they are going to just tell him he has to get all appointment for anulteasoundor something then he will have to make another appointment for them to read the results and even then they will have to do a biopsy top even see what it is. am I correct on all of this? how long does this process usually take?
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ltajik
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Depending on your doctor it can go very fast or slow. You need to be insistent on a biopsy ASAP. I have known women that have gotten a biopsy the same day. I am a breast cancer survivor
ltajik
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:29 AM
You must be your own advocate these days. If it's growing that fast it may be a cyst. Just don't take let's wait and see. Insist insist biopsy now.
ArmyWifey2013
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
thanks I hope his doctor is fast

Quoting ltajik: Depending on your doctor it can go very fast or slow. You need to be insistent on a biopsy ASAP. I have known women that have gotten a biopsy the same day. I am a breast cancer survivor
ArmyWifey2013
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:51 PM
praying that's allit is and thanks for the advice

Quoting ltajik: You must be your own advocate these days. If it's growing that fast it may be a cyst. Just don't take let's wait and see. Insist insist biopsy now.
emmygirl31
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:32 AM

you have to be forceful and your own advocate..  I had a funny mammogram at the end of May, within a week I was seen by a surgeon, 2 days later I had a biopsy and I was told as soon as I was out of surgery that it was malignant. My mastectomy was 2 weeks after my mamogram. 

ArmyWifey2013
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM
we're waiting on ultrasound results now

Quoting emmygirl31:

you have to be forceful and your own advocate..  I had a funny mammogram at the end of May, within a week I was seen by a surgeon, 2 days later I had a biopsy and I was told as soon as I was out of surgery that it was malignant. My mastectomy was 2 weeks after my mamogram. 

ltajik
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Just wondering what the outcome is
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)