Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Destiny?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:26 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 134 Total Views

Do you believe in destiny?  How does destiny relate to our Christianity?

by on Oct. 28, 2009 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bandgeek521
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I believe in destiny in the sense that there are things that God destines, or wills, and when such things come into being, or when they come to happen, that is the fulfillment of destiny, or God's will, as it were.

I do believe, though - and rather strongly, that we have been given the gift of free will, so while there are many things God wills, we may - well, are - often the cause of interference in what He has destined, which can either cause it to take longer in happening, or can cause it to not happen at all.

For example, I am certain that God made me and my husband to be together, that it was His will that we be together, but it because of our interference we caused His will to take an extra eight years to happen, and, sadly, almost caused it not to happen at all. Yet, looking back, I can see all of His signs and nudges in the direction He wanted us to go, signs and nudges that were missed or ignored for eight years. Now, I don't believe that He punishes us for not doing as He wills - I believe He understands we make mistakes, either in understanding Him or in acting out what it is we believe He is telling us - but there are regrets that we have because we didn't do things His way, and therefore made mistakes we wish we could take back, which clearly shows that it is better to listen to Him and to do as He wills, or as He destines.

It just takes us a while to learn how to listen sometimes...

:)

"I believe Christians are called to be peacemakers, and respect every person as someone for whom Christ died." www.myspace.com/bandgeek521

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)