Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 183 Total Views

My husband grew up in the Catholic church and he is a bit shy too, so he is uncomfortable praying out loud.  He prefers to use standard prayers or to pray silently.

What about you?  What is your preference?  Do you think it matters?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
beanielips
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:53 PM

I am a praying silently person or "standard prayers" because that is what I am comfortable with.  Recently, I have been trying to be more of a role model for my kids and been praying aloud..... what a struggle.  But, I have noticed that there is some un-explainable difference in my relationship with God.

This school year some teachers and I have decided to meet and pray on Monday before school.  We have been taking turns praying out loud.  Even though I don't pray as eloquently as some of the other ladies, I get the job done and really feel like it is a great pleasure and "coming together" when I do pray aloud with others.

Does it matter... I don't think so.  It is all about taking time to be present with God. 

cleanaturalady
by Group Owner on Aug. 27, 2009 at 7:27 PM

Quoting beanielips:

I am a praying silently person or "standard prayers" because that is what I am comfortable with.  Recently, I have been trying to be more of a role model for my kids and been praying aloud..... what a struggle.  But, I have noticed that there is some un-explainable difference in my relationship with God.

This school year some teachers and I have decided to meet and pray on Monday before school.  We have been taking turns praying out loud.  Even though I don't pray as eloquently as some of the other ladies, I get the job done and really feel like it is a great pleasure and "coming together" when I do pray aloud with others.

Does it matter... I don't think so.  It is all about taking time to be present with God. 

No, it doesn't matter at all what you sound like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)