Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 255 Total Views

Ok, so we will be moving to Alaska the beginning of the new year. My question for you ladies is....what type of winter coats should I get for my girls (5 and 6 1/2yrs old)??? I am so confused as to which type of material. Is a polyester "blend" warm enough? That's all I've been coming across!!! My husband seems to think it isn't warm enough. The coats I've looked at have fleece linings and a "polyester blend" type material as the "insulation". I haven't shopped for a winter coat in years!!! (7 to be exact) My little one is allergic to feathers, so goose down (or whatever) is out of the question. As for wool, I'm not even sure how she would react to that due to all her allergies and sensitve skin. So, please, someone HELP!!

Thanks so much!!!    

Iris L.            air force Proud Air Force Wife           

Proud mommy of two beautiful girls

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
laxgirl21921
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I know I buy my son who is only 2 snow suits made by Oshkosh and then the matching coat with it. The most important thing here is to layer layer layer. If you get the snow hats, mittens, heavyweight jackets and can even put like a Columbia fleece under it  that will work Just make sure to invest in either snow pants or snow suits and boots and they will be fine. After being here almost 4 years you learn the trick to the cold and get somewhat used to it. If you children will wear face masks they work to those days the snow is blowing. Good luck to shopping for winter attire dont worry all work out:) Also if she has sensitive skin hopefully she doesnt get exzema out here however you spell that if she does have it plenty of lotions out here she can use to help it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)